Aircraft Collision at Haneda

The large plane was an A350. That’s one huge plane that can hold 400 passengers and fly for 20 hrs. Looks like it was a successful evacuation. Japan is famous for using huge planes for short hauls. Sapporo to Haneda
airport is around a 1-1/2 hr flight.

1F501236-DF05-4BD3-B55D-CBE6CDC2F2B0.jpeg

Last edited:
Dang, Poor coast guard crew, I hope the 5 that didn't make didn't suffer too much and are at peace now, and i wish for the single surviving crew member being the captain to not feel to bad about it all. Thankfully the passnegers are ok, 11 needed attention. Fairly new a350 too.

As always, it’s too early to tell, but my hunch is a runway incursion by the Coast Guard airplane.

Impressive job by the cabin crew on that A350 getting everyone off before the airplane was consumed by flames. They did a great job.

The large plane was an A350. That’s one huge plane that can hold 400 passengers and fly for 20 hrs. Looks like it was a successful evacuation. Japan is famous for using huge planes for short hauls. Sapporo to Haneda
airport is around a 1-1/2 hr flight.

View attachment 196065
That’s about the only wide body I have not flown in - but do have a Qatar Airways booking in just over 2 weeks - should be nice …

As always, it’s too early to tell, but my hunch is a runway incursion by the Coast Guard airplane.

Impressive job by the cabin crew on that A350 getting everyone off before the airplane was consumed by flames. They did a great job.
Yeah and that's considering that the right engine was apparently still running so they didn't get to use the doors on that side but were still able to evacuate a loaded plane that quickly which is good to hear.

There has been a massive up tick over the last 2-3 years of aircraft related incidents, as well as a surprisingly large amount of pilot deaths for "no reason" #diedsuddenly.
As a pilot, I should be very worried I guess (pilots dying, suddenly, for " no reason" )?

Never heard of any except the conspiracy theory.

What I have noticed is a huge uptick in conspiracy theories.

The media outlets in the UK are calling it a miracle that all passengers on the A350 survived. Not one that I've read gives any due credit to the professionalism of the cabin crew who managed the evacuation. The fact that Japanese passengers are more naturally inclined to respect authority and do what they were told might have helped too. A lesson for us all in that situation.

So relieved to hear that everyone, pax and crew, made it off that A350.
The fire looked horrific and those vids cannot have been from too long after all were off.
An airliner is like a car. Get it started and it burns just great.

Back