AGS 900 Residential Automated Gate Operator

Looking for a solid automated gate operator to replace a non functional AGS 900 operator.
The gate is steel and has wheels that slide on rails.
Gate is 18 feet in length. Heavy door. Weight unknown.

Current AGS 900 operator no longer works and we believe it might be the board.
We called around and discovered that mechanical parts to this operator are no longer available.
Electronic parts such as boards are still available.

Unfortunately, the boards themselves are real expensive.
I called a Technician and he quoted over the phone that if at a minimum it was the boards that were damaged, 2 boards would have to be replaced and that would cost $1,100 for the two boards plus an additional cost for labor.

Another technician agreed to come down to evaluate and he determined that we were better off buying a new operator.
His quote was $1,500 for a new operator plus $500 in labor. He did not indicate the type of operator that he would use but he did say he would install a new one.

We made a telephone call to one more technician and he requested photos of the gate with the inoperable operator. We provided photos and measurements.
His quotes were the following, $3,200 for a RAM 100 operator and $3,500 for a RAM 1000 operator.

I went to research brand new operators and they all vary in price. I found them to be around $900 to $3,500.
I was looking at some of these operators (automate gate openers, motorized gate openers) and they don't appear to be hard to install.
I guess the wiring might be a challenge for us but I think the mechanical installation doesn't look all that threatening.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with gate operators and can maybe advise us on which type of operators to stay away from and which ones are pretty good.
Didn't know if we could post this here. If needed, please move thread to appropriate forum.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrC4SvDMO5eQ2YAHhUPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTFhZWVxOHFiBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQzAwOTZfMQRzZWMDcGFnaW5hdGlvbg--?p=aotomatic+gate+operator&pz=6&type=gsp_lovelytabff_00_00_ssg07&fr=yhs-dcola-017&bct=0&param1=1&param2=cat%3Dweb%26sesid%3Dfc10511e8942706125f2c14193aff8a1%26ip%3D99.137.64.124%26b%3DFirefox%26bv%3D77.0%26os%3DWindows-10%26os_ver%3D10.0%26pa%3Dgencoll22%26sid%3D27b12ae3e13928194dfce39418cedfd9%26abid%3D%26abg%3D%26a%3Dgsp_lovelytabff_00_00_ssg07%26sdk_ver%3D%26cd%3D%26cr%3D%26uid%3D%26uref%3D&hsimp=yhs-017&hspart=dcola&b=13&pz=6&bct=0&pstart=9

We have wired 3 or 4 . For the phone utility . Liftmaster , I think ? No idea what theycost .

We have wired 3 or 4 . For the phone utility . Liftmaster said:
FYI, had a hard time opening up your link

We can use the existing bolts that are sticking out of the concrete with a modified base that both aligns with the existing bolts and the new operator, and install it ourselves.

We can have someone wire the new one with the existing wiring that's already there.

$500 in labor just seems way too much considering that there is already existing wiring and 4 threaded bolts sticking out of the concrete.

Again, even if the existing bolts don't line up with a new operator we can configure a base that can align with the existing bolts and also align with the new operator.

Hope I'm not sounding like it's "that easy".

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Best I remember , the operators had an entry loop and an exit loop . Low voltage .

Power can be most anything , depending on how it is ordered . Install a disconnect , at / by the operator .

As for the mechanics (the ropes, hinges, rollers, etc.) must not have any visible casting or stamping defects and must be galvanized with a predominantly "shiny" surface.

As for the mechanics (the ropes, hinges, rollers, etc.) must not have any visible casting or stamping defects and must be galvanized with a predominantly "shiny" surface. Wire ropes must not have loose strands, and their ends, woven into loops, must be equipped with shackles and securely crimped. In addition, the gate https://everlastgates.com/ complies with modern standards of safe operation, necessarily equipped with a system of protection against rupture of cables, springs, and finger pinch protection.

Back