Aging and Ear hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own that Phillips trimmer. My hairline is not receding, but my back hair is kind of out of control.

I've put my various trimmers on a stick to get to it. But missing spots probably draws more attention than the gorilla back does when my shirt is off.

I also have a very fine single hair on the top of my nose. It comes back pretty quick when tweezed out. I think it sprouted after I was making fun of a friend who had a very prominent hair in the same place that could not be looked away from.

I had surgery on my left ear to remove the bony growths clogging my ear canals from surfing so much cold water for so long. My left ear now grows more hair than my right ear, which needs the surgery too.

I also get a single super thick black hair( I have light brown hair) that sprouts below my nose. It pulls out very easily and painlessly, and does not come back for 6 months, but then seems to reappear overnight.

Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but:
I could sure use a trimmer for ears, nose & eyebrows. The Norelco above looks pretty good(though I know nothing about them). Are there any other small trimmers worth looking at? Willing to look at AA battery powered or rechargeables, a few attachments seem like a good idea, & under $20? Plan to look at Philips/Norelco & Wahl so far, any other suggestions appreciated.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
Egads.

I bought a special trimmer, aware that I was sprouting hair on my lobes and from my outer ear canal, but just pulled a thick wiry bristle an inch long on the top of my ear.

I think I am devolving.

What purpose can hair serve in this area, especially to start growing at such a later stage in life? Well early 40?

The hair that leaves the top of your head has to grow somewhere.

I recommend three tools for the arsenal.

1. Micro Touch trimmer
2. Rotary nose hair trimmer
3. High quality tweezers

You will find all three to be useful for various hair growth.

I had a little cheapie no-name years ago that had a small clipper type head, about 1/2" wide. It was useless for nose hair, fair for sideburns & mustache, but was extremely weak & quit working after just 3 or 4 uses. This thread got me to looking on the inet for the past few days; wow, had no idea there were so many things out there. Finally ordered a Remington model NE-3560 earlier tonight, has 2 interchangeable heads. One head similar to the vertical angled Philips/Norelco above, other head a small horizontal clipper with detachable adjustable comb/guard for it. It may be a discontinued model, not listed on Remington website. I found it on Amazon for less than $15 shipped. Sure hope this lasts longer than the old one from 15-20 yrs ago, looks like the vert head should be good on nose & ears, horiz head on sideburns & mustache. Time will tell.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Anyone trim underarm hair ?

Wife doesn't like Big Foot hair on back / underarms...

Have to trim EVERYWHERE. Gosh I should lose weight with all this hair...

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
Egads.

I bought a special trimmer, aware that I was sprouting hair on my lobes and from my outer ear canal, but just pulled a thick wiry bristle an inch long on the top of my ear.

I think I am devolving.

What purpose can hair serve in this area, especially to start growing at such a later stage in life? Well early 40?

The hair that leaves the top of your head has to grow somewhere.

Yep, it's migrating all right. Sometimes it certainly feels like devolving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back