After 8 year using Quaker state defy ( high miles ) I am back to Valvoline maxlife as my budget oil change

Nothing wrong with Quaker state but I find out 12 qt Valvoline max life box come out better deal lol . Glad to be back to max life , I remember maxlife was oil choice here for high miles engine back in the day .

My budget filter still Fram orange can . I use this combo on every vehicles I do oil change . 5k or 6 month OCI .

YUP!
When I was new to BITOG, I used MaxLife in the Firebird in my signature. I also have used QS Defy and I really liked it as it made the engine noticably quiet(er) than I've ever heard it. The exhaust still had that little rumble that I enjoy in this car but the engine was just that little bit smoother/quieter with the Defy. Currently I am running Pennzoil HM and I like it too.

Any top tier oil brand will do. I stick to 5K - 7.5K (max) miles OCI. I will never do an extended OCI even if it says good for 10K or 20K miles on the bottle. I don't intend to sell any of my vehicles so, each get my 5K miles OCI. 5K - 7.5Kmiles if I'm travelling out of state.

Last edited:
Any top tier oil brand will do. I stick to 5K - 7.5K (max) miles OCI. I will never do an extended OCI even if it says good for 10K or 20K miles on the bottle. I don't intend to sell any of my vehicles so, each get my 5K miles OCI. 5K - 7.5Kmiles if I'm travelling out of state.
Living on the wild side I see. I can't get past 3-4k / 6 months. 😉

No argument on that switch, but I am surprised about Maxlife being cheaper. I am using the Fram Orange filters, too. That is only because I get them on Amazon for less than $3.00. Agree also on OCI comments. I seldom find myself agreeing with everything in an oil post!

Nothing wrong with Quaker state but I find out 12 qt Valvoline max life box come out better deal lol . Glad to be back to max life , I remember maxlife was oil choice here for high miles engine back in the day .

My budget filter still Fram orange can . I use this combo on every vehicles I do oil change . 5k or 6 month OCI .
Why pay more than a 5 quart jug of SuperTech High Mileage Full Synthetic for $19.98 minus $1 off with the 5% cashback Walmart credit card = $18.98 for 5 quarts (about $3.80 a quart) + tax. From the UOA's and VOA's I've seen here on BITOG, SuperTech oils are as good as any other full synthetic group III oil.

Back