Advice towards purchasing used Porsche

I've found Porsche but having difficulty locating Nissan. Perhaps we're missing something? :cool:

I remember being at Daytona in 1992 for the 24 hours. Nissan had like 3 factory teams and didn’t even run all the cars in the GTP class and IMSA obviously did not do their homework as the two LM class Nissans were clearly faster in a straight and I believe this was still in the days before the chicane was installed on the back straight. Nissan won but this should have an asterisk as they were not eligible for points or any other race I believe.

Last edited:

Building fast car is not a problem. Even Lexus made LFA.
Problem is making super fast car that can last and still sell it for relatively affordable amount of money, and make some money.
LFA is classic example that anyone can make really good fast car, as long as company doesn’t mind losing $250,000 per unit.
Same goes for those cars at Le Mans. Doing few laps faster than others actually doesn’t mean anything.

Down here I see lots of new Porsches, I’m guessing most of these are leases and not purchased.

A 968 would be more reliable and easier to maintain than most other Porsche models. Of course, they are now at least 27 years old.

A 968 would be more reliable and easier to maintain than most other Porsche models. Of course, they are now at least 27 years old.
A 968 is, if memory serves, a 3.0 litre (4 cyl) variant if the 944. The car has a timing belt with teeth on both sides. There is a special tool used for setting belt tension. Critical adjustment.

I've heard that the 944 and 968 actually are more labour intensive for mtce. than is a regular air-cooled 911

Back