Advice on upgrading compact tractor seat - Kubota

For Father's Day, I'd like to find an (affordable) seat alternative for my dad's sub-compact tractor. Alternatively, if someone knows of a tractor forum to go ask this at, I'll try my luck there.

He's in his mid-70s, uses it still quite a bit. The zero turn mower is down for repair, and he had recently hurt his back so I used the tractor to mow the "bowl" below the house - about 1 or 1.25 acres. Hilly, uneven, and some rough spots so it's hard on the driver. Freakin' killed my back (I have back issues, he does not). I said something to my mother and she said, "oh yeah, he complains about that too." If my dad complains, it must be bad. Bingo, Father's day gift.

It's a 2002-ish Kubota BX2200 - has been a great unit, he bought it new. I looked online at seats but the thing is, this rides on a pivot and springs at the back corners; the (dusty) triangular black thing under the seat is the gas tank so I can't drill into that to mount a suspension unit. We can drill, bend, weld something if we have to but I am not quite sure where to start yet.

Any ideas or leads appreciated, or places/forums to ask the question.

IMG-3932.JPG

IMG-3934.JPG

Last edited:
Try to find a nice used car seat and adapt it to fit. Maybe a powered one so it's adjustable.

I've been looking for one myself for several years now, something with more suspension than what I have now but wow are they expensive

K&M is the OEM manufacturer for several brands. You get OEM quality without the mfg. logo and price gouging. But it will be a great challenge to fit a more comfortable seat to that tractor and will still cost some $$$$.

I've been looking for one myself for several years now, something with more suspension than what I have now but wow are they expensive
Yep that's what I saw from casually googling - $400 to $600 for something decent looking.

The suspension seats off their zero turns are nice. People adapt them to fit the entry level L series as their seat is about like what’s on your dad’s. I think they were around $350?
1D3B403E-018C-4576-88B4-D2DF2904B5F5.jpeg

Back