Added R-134A to AC. Now just blowing hot air???

Just added another can of R-134A to the Acura in signature. Was blowing nice cold air but my gauge when attached to the lower port was in the middle of the green. After I added the can, now its blowing nothing but hot air? Can adding too much be detrimental? Do I need to get it purged now?

It was in the middle of the green. It didn’t need purging, and it didn’t need more refrigerant. OP, the legal way to fix this is have a shop remove some Freon via their recovery machine.
The proper way is to purge all refrigerant and moisture from the system and start from scratch . Those cans of R-134 with a hose and guage they sell at Autozone dont work for modern cars

They have to remove it all because the system is currently charged with an unknown quantity.
Yes. You’re right.

I didn’t really say it properly- a risk of trying to post quickly.

Yes - recover and recharge to get the weight right. Should check for leaks while in the process.

And many times a bunch of air can be added if the hose your using hasn't been purged first.
You tried to fix something that was not broke. Now you get to pony up $300. that is what it costs here.
Hope they change the valves in the test ports. They may now find other things that need to be changed as well.
Like going to school and paying out the big $ for only 2 minutes of lessons:p

Back