Added Lubegard Bio-tech; testing MPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
dd- I asked them your question almost word for word. I was told it can safely be used with "any" oil, including the two you mentioned. HTH

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
dd- I asked them your question almost word for word. I was told it can safely be used with "any" oil, including the two you mentioned. HTH

THANKS!!
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif

LubeGard Biotech Engine Protectant is a very solid product, I have seen a dif in the mpgs. (1-2) but so smooth, that is what has really surprised me. Definitely not a gimmick product.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
LubeGard Biotech Engine Protectant is a very solid product, I have seen a dif in the mpgs. (1-2) but so smooth, that is what has really surprised me. Definitely not a gimmick product.

I would have to agree, I really like the product.

I just started using their ATF Protectant in my '99 Stratus, with a 41TE as it went long without service and is just now mostly over to ATF+4 from ATF+3 after 100k miles/8 years without servicing. I've heard good things and would definitely use their Biotech Engine Protectant if I had need for it.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Just remember that 25% was an incorrect calculation, it was actually 19.5%. In light of that, my mpg average has dropped more, as I suspected. It's still above the previous OCI mpg, but much more realistic. I will share this data after some more miles are logged.

Well, it only makes sense that you'll get the best MPG before the additives packages wear off on an oil. I believe LubeGard EP with BioTech should help keep the drop off from being as dramatic.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
yes, napa orders mine for me that have it at their warehouse...they keep 4 bottles in store especially for me..

+1, that is awesome.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
3oz/qt is exactly what I used.

As far as Moly goes, I think a VOA is the only way to find out.

Ha, my 3 1/2 Quart refill after an oil change would put me at just over 10oz to use this product in the VX.

...but my REAL question is this:

Is it overkill to add this product, or something like lubro moly, to Amsoil SSO like I'm using now?

I suppose it may help me reach my OCI mileage goals more safely?

Demarpaint and I spoke about this product last fall, and he convinced me to try it. I used it in MY GF's 08 Jeep, she's noted easier cold starting, and better mpg. I'll be adding it again next time I change the oil for her.

AD

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
whats in biotech engine treatment?

Some info from their site: If you go to their site the go into the LXE additive in more detail. HTH

---------------------------------------------------------------
...LUBEGARD provides a concentrated package that fulfills these deficiencies (without adding ZDDP, Chlorine, inappropriate sludge building additives like PTFE or solid lubricants such as Teflon®, graphite or molybdenum disulphide.)

do I detect a little shot at moly here?
wink.gif

I'm seriously considering using LG EP w/ BioTech AND using LubroMoly mos2 together in some fashion in my two personal vehicles. At least the LG in both cars, including one that doesn't get driven much and would benefit most from anti-oxidation help.

I'm still wondering, though, if it's overkill on top on Amsoil SSO???

I'm going to dump a 15 oz. bottle into the sump before my 1500 mile round trip to Parris Island, S.C. next week (to see my youngest son graduate from Marine boot camp).

I sold my 2nd car which was the candidate, currently still using MoS2 in the Civic however and haven't gotten to try this LG product.

I may try it with some conventional oil, I have some Valvoline 5w-30 SM in a gallon sitting around, with nothing to do.

So, that plus a proper ratio of the LG. Oil sample at 5,000 and post it up. How does that sound?

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Go for it...

Alright, it'll be my next OCI this summer or the one to follow. It's conventional VWB, so we'll see how well it can 'help' it last.
thumbsup2.gif

I added Lubeguard Bio-Tech awhile back to Redline 5W 20 in my Honda Accord. oil analysis suggested there is a high degree of phosphorus as my phosphorus levels was 1900 and it doubled the Moly content in the redline oil. I use Lucard black with Refline D4 in my wife's 2003 Honda accord with the automatic transmission. She has 170,000 miles on the car with great shifting. I once tried the newest premium Lubeguard additive to the redline D4 and a car's transmission slipping.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Let us know how it is when you get back from SC... Have a fun and safe trip. Congrats on your son.

Sorry, I forgot about this thread!

Thanks for the congrats.

I did average almost 32 mpg for this trip (even with 10% alky premium the whole way there and back), but it's hard to say if the BioTech was the only contributing factor for that result (VERY warm weather, steady throttle, no headwinds, NO traffic, etc.).

The engine DID seem very smooth though, both on the highway, on city streets, and at idle.
wink.gif

I made sure that I added it to an already hot engine, and then drove straight through until I needed to re-fuel (northern N.C.!).

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
What was MPG with similar trip(s) before adding Lubegard Bio-tech ?

I have not taken too many in recent years.

But if I recall correctly it was between ~29 and 31 MPG (but I was also using a higher HTHS/lower VI oil Red Line 5W-30, or Amsoil HDD Series 3000 5W-30 at that time, so??
21.gif
).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back