About to order some Auto-RX. Best filter to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I will be using Baldwin, just I have for the last three changes.

Excellent quality/price.

I normally use Purolator or Wix. Any reason a Baldwin would be better? Also any idea where I can find them. I haven't found anywhere around here that carries anything Baldwin. I was actually looking for a Baldwin air filter not long ago. Are there any reliable online resources to order them from?

I think Terry Dysons recommendation of a synthetic -- read, free-flowing -- filter media to be a good one. With Auto-RX, perhaps an excellent one.

The BALDWIN HPG series ("full Microlite Glass" per the catalog description) seems to fulfill this recommendation.

I buy mine at a local truck supply. BALDWIN has an excellent online catalog & cross-reference, and there was a thread a while back in re online ordering. I paid $6.72/ea for B2-HPGs.

Thanks for the info. I'll check the Baldwin catalog and then try to find the online ordering site. Failing that I suppose a K&N filter would be a good choice since it is free flowing.

shinerburke, the K&N is also supposed to have a lot of capacity, plus you should be able to find one locally. I don't know about where you live, but where I live the K&N can be found in checker Auto Parts Stores. At my local store they cost $9.99 plus tax.

Another good oil filter would be the Amsoil. It probably has even better filtering material then the Baldwin (same company that makes Hastings-Baldwin also makes Amsoil) and plenty of capacity, since it is designed to last something like 6 months with Amsoil motor oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back