where to buy water filters for fridge SGF-GWF

I have a GE fridge that has a water filter. The GE filter is about $60 which I think is a little crazy. I was using the SGF-GWF rx made by swift green filters @ $22 each which was USA made and I believe of good quality. There is any easy hack that you have to do to make this work btw. I just tried to order and seems they are having supply chain issues. I saw Spiro filters but they are made in China and I really dont like to buy anything from china that I eat or safety related. Anyone know of a USA made SGF-GWF preferably with the rx endorsement

I believe water filters like most things have increased in price. I'm like @JohnnyJohnson and get mine off Amazon. I put it on 6 month subscribe and save. It just makes things easier and I don't have to think about it.

Just my $0.02

There have been a couple of times when I ordered "USA-made" refrigerator water filters from Amazon and I get filters that were made in China. If they pull that stunt on you, make sure you let them know and get your money back.

I get GE filters on Amazon. Expensive but I trust what I’m drinking. Compared to the cost of all the bottled water I see it as still a good deal.

There’s a lot of counterfeit on Amazon.

Home Depot used to have US made NSF approved filters but I don’t think they carry those any more.

Just make sure you buy directly from Amazon and you'll be okay. I'm on the subscribe and save for my filters, they're a little pricey but less than bottled water. $51.89 and includes a carbon filter for the refrigerator.

There have been a couple of times when I ordered "USA-made" refrigerator water filters from Amazon and I get filters that were made in China. If they pull that stunt on you, make sure you let them know and get your money back.
Be super careful even with the ones that look ok. Keep an actual known legit filter and box for comparison. You’ll be able to pick out the better counterfeits.

Back