about auto-rx

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

I don't usually trust any additives beside fuel sys cleaner that you put in the gas tank, but on this forum i see a lot of references to auto-rx.

so is the stuff proven to be good? and if so, what all is it good for?

Engine, transmission, power steering.

As far as proven to be good, yeah, it's proven to be good is an understatement.

Search around the oil additive section, you'll find many a thread about Auto-RX.

i was looking for 3rd party opinions. i've already been to their site.

i tried searching here, i guess i'll look again

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hal

Yeah, I'm not sure all the replies you get here will be necessarily from 3rd parties.
LOL.gif

hm. might as well delete this thread then.

also, my bad thought i was in the additives forum when i started this.

Last edited:
Auto-RX is a great and Proven product. Me as well as many others have not had near as much success with any other additive.

Yes this is supposed to be in the oil additive section, but hey it happens.

And don't worry there are tons and tons of third party opinions on this product, search the oil additive section and you find plenty of info.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: hal

Yeah, I'm not sure all the replies you get here will be necessarily from 3rd parties.
LOL.gif

Good 1 Mori

not everybody has the patients and time i have...but what sold me on this product was going thru pages and pages of the oil additives section and reading tons of posts. it takes time but i feel confident using it now. it worked wonders on my power steering pump now to flush the auto tranny. as soon as the weather warms up i will put it in the crankcase of the truck.

I've never used Auto Rx, but I really like the pictures of disgusting oil filters after a cleaning run. It's got to be doing something in there. I'll give it a try if I ever want to thoroughly scour the bowels of my engine's oil system.

yeah, i read the claims that it breaks down deposits slowly, supposedly preventing things from getting clogged up. however i hate to think about whatever didn't make it to the filter :X

personally i am very weary of additives... if i want to clean an engine i think i'll just run mobil1's "clean" line for one oil change... i just am not a fan of putting something in there that wasn't meant to be in there... unless we're talking about an additive you add right before an oil change like the one's amsoil makes

Originally Posted By: tuckman
not everybody has the patients and time i have...

Good to finally meet a doctor who makes the time!

I am wondering where mobil got "clean" oil from without using additives?

go to the UOA section and see how the oils are standing up with auto-Rx in there.

Originally Posted By: rmz
personally i am very weary of additives... if i want to clean an engine i think i'll just run mobil1's "clean" line for one oil change... i just am not a fan of putting something in there that wasn't meant to be in there... unless we're talking about an additive you add right before an oil change like the one's amsoil makes

Auto RX isn't really an additive, it's a blend of 3 different esters. It does nothing to dilute the oil you mix it into. It's like adding more oil to your sump, but it happens to be an oil that is naturally good at cleaning, with no detergent additives.

I'm third party and I think Auto-Rx is the single most important and effective thing I've learned about here on BITOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back