AAA's Premium vs. Regular Gas Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing maybe to consider doing is getting/carrying the Royal Purple octane boost that gives you 3 whole numbers worth of octane. 3 whole number means it would take 89 octane to 92. That can actually has enough to treat 25 gallons of gas. Lucas oil has a octane booster that is just as effective. 3 whole numbers worth as well.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
When I go car shopping the grade of fuel required is never a consideration; I simply use what the manufacturer recommends and enjoy the drive...

It does factor considerably in my vehicle choices. If it is not flex fuel rated, I don't even consider it. I don't really care much for any vehicles being made today, so I only buy what I need to get done what I need to do and fuel choice is the one thing that I want. I want to burn anything at a fuel pump but diesel. When prices fluctuate, I love having a smorgasbord of fuel choices available so that I get the best cost per mile value.

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: grampi
I wouldn't mind vehicles so much that require premium fuel if the price spread between regular and premium wasn't so much...how 'bout we go back the mid grade being 10 cents more than regular, and premium being 10 cents more than the mid grade? Today's price spread is ridiculous...

It's even worse in Ontario, at many stations they charge about 14 cents PER LITER more for midgrade and 22 cents per liter more for premium. Convert that to gallons and that means a 53 cent per gallon price jump for midgrade and an 83 cent per gallon spike for premium. Add that to the already outrageous price we pay at the pumps even for regular, and it's no wonder people up here have a hard time making ends meet....

It's a good thing your Vette gets good MPGs!

You can run regular in a vehicle that requires premium, I'd just keep my foot out of it until I could fill it with premium...

Originally Posted By: grampi

It's a good thing your Vette gets good MPGs!

It's also good that I travel to the US about once every 4 weeks and always fill up with gas while I'm there
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back