A letter from my congressman. An interesting read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't something like this make it easier to flag straw purchasers who funnel guns into the hands of folks who shouldn't have them? From what I've heard folks more knowledgeable than myself on this issue say, a large part of gun violence is abetted by straw buyers legally purchasing many guns, specifically handguns, in a short period of time in areas with lax gun laws a short distance away from places with stricter gun laws, and then funneling those legally purchased guns to folks who shouldn't have them. It seems to me that keeping a record that a gun purchase was made, without detailing what specific gun was purchased, would allow straw buyers to be identified better.

It has to do with the thinking of the NRA who is self serving and cares nothing about your rights but everything about selling guns. Also the Easter Bunny is not real.
Originally Posted By: Win
Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
.... I got what you say but if you lost a brother in Iraq would you agree that is was less of a loss than losing to Democrats???

What does this have to do with your persistent agenda to take away the rights of law abiding persons?

Am I to believe that politicians who wish to abrogate my rights are not acting in a self serving manner?

I'll take my chances with Mr. LaPierre.

And what in the world does the Easter Bunny have to do with this discussion? Maybe you should bring in the Tooth Fairy as well, it's less seasonal.

This whole thing is nuts. People need to stop identifying as Democrats and Republicans, or as Liberals and Conservatives, then digging their heels in and arguing from polar opposite positions.
As long as people remain divided and in a state of senseless conflict, no meaningful work can get done to pass sensible and agreeable laws.
Keeping the nation divided just feeds the current power structure where career politicians maintain control of their seats in congress or in the white house. If people are busy fighting one another, they are distracted from the fact that politicians are not doing anything that their constituancies would have them work on. Democrat or Republican, they are all the same and work towards self-serving ends, only providing for the interests of their ultra wealthy cronies. The average American means nothing to them. They are playing us, and all of them truely believe that their rich buddies are the lifeblood of this country, and without these "captains of industry", this nation would fall flat.
We as hardworking citizens should know better, and should elect our common neighbors rather than the career politicians.

Originally Posted By: salv
We as hardworking citizens should know better, and should elect our common neighbors rather than the career politicians.

Salv for President 2016??
11.gif

Otto it's pretty obvious that you are all for limiting the rights of law abiding citizens when it comes to firearms. I'm curious as to how you believe this will in any way curb violent crime. It certainly hasn't worked for other countries that have abandonded freedom in search of a supposed solution.

Your ideas about the NRA are quite comical. They are a highly focused civil rights organization that vehemently fights for the "rights" of their members. And, it is a grass roots driven organization despite all the lies by the libtards.

It has to do with the thinking of the NRA who is self serving and cares nothing about your rights but everything about selling guns. Also the Easter Bunny is not real.
Originally Posted By: Win
.... I got what you say but if you lost a brother in Iraq would you agree that is was less of a loss than losing to Democrats???

What does this have to do with your persistent agenda to take away the rights of law abiding persons?

This thread has gone nowhere fast - user complaints have started rolling in as well. It is a fine line with guns and politics, need to be careful. Political bashing and using terms such as "libtards" will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back