A Friend Stole My Lunch - GRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The problem with wrestling with a pig is that the pig enjoys it, and you get dirty." And since that is the pig's game, he is always going to win.

SKUNKY, what do you do in the medical field?
confused.gif

As one of the engineers here is wont to say.

"No good deed goes unpunished".

I see all the time, the people who go out of their way for family and friends get taken advantage of by those same people.

Someting to do with the modern (non community minded) mindset I think.

quote:

Originally posted by SKUNKY:
OK..here's what ya do..buy a chocolate breakfast bar and a box of exlax..melt the exlax and pour it over the breakfast bar..take it to work and let him beg for it..........play hard to get.......about two hours later....enjoy the fun..
fruit.gif

What is the point of getting even with this guy by doing something like this? Why even put the thought, let alone the time and effort to be this childish? Unbelievable. Giving the guy the silent treatment and basically ending notion of his existence will do far far more. Going through a one up derby with a pathelogical schmuck is a waste of time.

Why even put the thought, let alone the time and effort to be this childish?

Ok..Ok.. forget the exlax thing..give the guy a 20 and don't ever talk to him again..

Does this 'friend' of yours have reason to believe that he is somehow owed anything, for whatever reason, other than just being a colleague? I used to have this 'friend' who just thought he was such a good buddy to everyone, but it turns out he was just judgemental and had some kind of superiority complex. I just cut him off cold after a few too many 'strikes.' Fortunately, whatever personality disorder he had (it seemed like some kind of neediness) permitted him to give up on me after a while, without any real explanation from me. That part can be painful and awkward enough to keep some 'friends' around longer than necessary. And it's strange when you need to cut a buddy loose: not like with a girlfriend...

He's not a friend in any sense of the word, so don't treat him as such. He sounds like the type that'll go starting rumors if you de-befreind him. Oh well. Dude sounds like he's pathelogical. Tell him he can take his "frendship' with you and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Buy him another, similar, meal, and then say:
"I win!", as you present it to him.
If you are going to remember something for the rest of your life, let YOUR decent action be the defining one.

Two slices of thick irresistable sourdough bread
1 slice of lettuce
some mayo
some mustard
lunch meat optional...
Good thick spread of Never Seize, Anti seize...whatever yawanna callit...
Cut sandwich in 4 slices.

Co-worker is hunting around...
Leave sandwich "BAIT" on your desk.
Grab newspaper and go to bathroom.
...have nice morning constitutional and wait for co-worker's yell in background.
Smile while reading horoscope and say to yourself, "ahh, its going to be a nice day"

...it works.
smile.gif

You mean anti-sieze with lead in it? Why not slather the bread with MMO, too?

I say let it go. Maybe fert in the guys office when he's out for a few minutes, but let it go.

Meet a nice Mexican grandma type and have her fix you some barbacoa - or find a good homestyle restaurant.

If you are going to remember something for the rest of your life, let YOUR decent action be the defining one.

If you put Cajin Hot Peper in the potato's you'll remember it a lot longer...
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back