a '17 Accord CVT's issue

Keep us posted. Like said, it seems like Hondoo CVT problems are far and few between. My money is on something electrical and external to the CVT.
i'm afraid they'll tell me to replace CVT unit and I hate to go there

what I know right now, my Accord has two ECU, one for engine the other for CVT; this is why an ordinary OBD is no help here

so CVT stores code of some kind and I do not know what is it

It makes me wonder, if I disconnect my battery lets say, and have it sit like an hour would that reset the software at CVT;

I don't know🤷‍♂️

and surely at Honda place, they can say anything and ill be compliant because I do not know more than what they'll tell me

Reactions: JTK
No point deliberating what the problem might be. It needs to be scanned by an OEM level type scanner, those generic scanners are really only good for emission related codes.
True, you need a professional grade scan tool, but you also need decent diagnostic skills.

Thought it was made in house by Honda.
IMG_5923.jpeg

I have the exact same 2017 with the CVT as it's a 2.4 sport. There was some talk that the 16s and 17s had some minor issues. It was all interesting to note that the battery or alternator cranks out more power than the manual transmission one does. My gas is it's something electrical. I have only used the Honda transmission fluid once and that was the day I bought the car and made them change it before I bought it and that was roughly at 34,000 miles. At 40,000 I went over to Castrol transmax and have been using that with BG 303 CVT conditioner. I'm on the original transmission still with over and 20,000 miles. I will do some looking around to see if I can help you.

What dealer are you going to use? Most are not great in Atl area, although I don’t know what part of GA you are located.

If you are close to Chamblee, Far East Motorworks is an independant that solely works on Honda and Acura products.

What dealer are you going to use? Most are not great in Atl area, although I don’t know what part of GA you are located.

If you are close to Chamblee, Far East Motorworks is an independant that solely works on Honda and Acura products.
MoGa

The only other thing I would recommend for now, is checking the fluid level.
you may be onto something; last time I change CVT fluid I put back as much as I took out, drain and fill 3.7l; manual states 3.9l though

So I warmed up the car and add more .2l and the the level screw plug did not spill out any fluid; I checked and ran it while warm in P and N lever position

however, I shut the car off, let it cool and that .2l was out thru that level screw

so when its cold, id say it is leveled, while hot in P and N it seem to be low on HCF2 fluid .2l at minimum

Ok while waiting on appointment, this is what I did.

It could be that it was low on a transmission fluid, so I went and bought 1qt of HCF2 and add about .5l or 1/2qt while car was hot; so I’ll be driving the car tonight some then in the morning a bit more before I go to the dealership

I hope this fix it but anyway it got to fixed and get to the root of the problem; crossing my fingers here

9EECE0D2-2095-4330-8055-C4B2EBC13FF0.jpeg

And I THANK you for all your help and suggestions

According to Honda’s website, it manufactures CVTs at its facility in Russels Point, OH. Yamada makes pumps, so perhaps they make components used in the CVT.
They do it for Subaru as well

Well I took the car for a spin and after 2 min it went off

I’m noticing this happens while car is cold

9B730AAB-AFE9-4AE8-8EC2-A704282250F5.jpeg

Back