75W-90 GL-4 (brass synchros) Fluid Options

Other than the high priced options like RedLine, Amsoil, Fuchs, etc. Are there any readily available 75W-90 GL-4 compatible options out there? I can't seem to find any from the usual suspects like SuperTech, Mobil 1, Valvoline, Pennzoil, etc. It would be nice to find something that could be obtained locally via WM, Oreilly, Autozone, AAP, etc. but I cant find a dang thing except for Master Services at Oreilly's.

Napa carries Liqui-Moly #20012, or they can get it in a day or two if out of stock at your local store :)
Search for LM20012 on Napa's site

That seems to be the only 75w90 GL4 sold in US stores.

Miata guys rave about this 75W90 Motorcraft fluid. I used it in a Mazda my wife had. The fluid is made in Germany and as such, is most likely a PAO synthetic. Expensive however.

Other than the high priced options like RedLine, Amsoil, Fuchs, etc. Are there any readily available 75W-90 GL-4 compatible options out there? I can't seem to find any from the usual suspects like SuperTech, Mobil 1, Valvoline, Pennzoil, etc. It would be nice to find something that could be obtained locally via WM, Oreilly, Autozone, AAP, etc. but I cant find a dang thing except for Master Services at Oreilly's.
The way I see it, manual transmission fluid gets changed so seldomly, plus you want the BEST shiftability. Get the best fluid made, don't cut corners. The last time I bought Redline MT90 it was only $9 a quart with free shipping. I bought in on Ebay from an online high performance parts shop. You can get premium fluids cheap if you shop around.

The way I see it, manual transmission fluid gets changed so seldomly, plus you want the BEST shiftability. Get the best fluid made, don't cut corners. The last time I bought Redline MT90 it was only $9 a quart with free shipping. I bought in on Ebay from an online high performance parts shop. You can get premium fluids cheap if you shop around.

+1 I don't do boutique oils ever... I bought the 3qts of Redline on ebay for my mazda and will probably never change it again.

No demand. Its not common enough to be carried at autopart stores or walmart. Glad my local Napa carries Amsoil and various euro fluids.

Ford Gm Mopar Nissan KiaHyundai have GL4 75w85 and 75w90 mt fluids.

A Example List of MTLs in the 14-15 cSt (SAE 75W90) range would be:

1. Amsoil MTG
2. Redline MT-90
3. Castrol Syntrans Multivehicle 75W-90
4. Castrol Syntrans Transaxle 75w-90
5. Ford XT-75W90-QGT (Carries a GL-5 rating as well)
6. Ford MOTORCRAFT® Full Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid XT-M5-QS
7. ACDelco 10-4059 GL-4 75W-90 Manual Transmission Fluid
8. RAVENOL TSG SAE 75W-9
9. LIQUIMOLY 75W-90 GL4
10. PENNZOIL 75W90 GL-4
11. MOTUL GEAR 300 GL-4/GL-5 (PRODUCT NUMBER 100118)

MatwithCats said:
Carquest EP-90 GL-4, Advanced Auto...
Mobil 1 Delvac 50...

MatwithCats said:

None of these fluids are formulated as application specific manual transmission fluids for cars and light trucks.

Last edited:
Was looking for something cheap to do a flush before putting in the MT90. It is an old MTX pulled from a junk yard.

Was looking for something cheap to do a flush before putting in the MT90. It is an old MTX pulled from a junk yard.
Wonder how many miles are on the current fluid? Me myself,I wouldn’t worry about a flush. I’d just drain and refill with MT90.

Delo XDM from Autozone $7.49/qt covers gl4, 5 and MT-1. synthetic. This is not cheap stuff, but if Chevron makes it, it is good stuff. You don't need something better than is used for large trucks meeting the 500,0000 mile interval I don't think.

Delo XDM from Autozone $7.49/qt covers gl4, 5 and MT-1. synthetic. This is not cheap stuff, but if Chevron makes it, it is good stuff. You don't need something better than is used for large trucks meeting the 500,0000 mile interval I don't think.
This is an EP lubricant for differentials and OTR HD truck transmissions, hence the MT-1 rating. MT-1 transmissions do not have brass or composite synchronizer assemblies.

This is another fluid that is not formulated as an application specific manual transmission fluids for cars and light trucks.

The OP was looking for "75W-90 GL-4 (brass synchros) Fluid Options."

Last edited:
I use MT90 in my Mazda6 gearbox. It’s expensive but I only change it every 50-60k miles anyway so $50 on gear oil doesn’t end up being too expensive over the miles. Beats replacing the transmission.

I typically buy it 3qts at a time but they do sell a 1gal container which saves you $8 or so. The 1qt containers are more convenient to use especially if you fill the transmission from beneath the car with a hand pump. You could always pour the jug into smaller bottles if need be.

Last edited:
This is an EP lubricant for differentials and OTR HD truck transmissions, hence the MT-1 rating. MT-1 transmissions do not have brass or composite synchronizer assemblies.

This is another fluid that is not formulated as an application specific manual transmission fluids for cars and light trucks.

The OP was looking for "75W-90 GL-4 (brass synchros) Fluid Options."
It is recommended by Chevron for my Toyota truck manual trans. That’s application specific. I look things up before I buy and before I post. In fact I am going to grab the three quarts of XDM at my autozone before they no longer have it. WM is out of stock on the Delco ESI which also will work just fine. He asked about GL 4 and I answered the two kinds , which are GL 4 rated. The oils are also rated MT1 so I put it in the description. My manual says GL 4 or 5 nothing about MT ratings. So XDM synthetic is going in there if I ever get around to it. Thanks for telling me what he was asking but I already knew that. Actually I looked up some others and XDM popped up as well, which makes sense since the rating is there and Chevron does know what they are making.

Back