75w-140 instead of 75w-90??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 90 nissan sentra 4 speed and am currently using amsoil 75w-90 GL-4 gear oil, I am replacing the 4 speed with a brand new 5 speed and picked up some royal purple gear oil today, but it is 75w-140, would this viscosity be ok to use instead of the 75w-90? What effects would the 140 have compared to the 90 weight? I live in florida by the way if the temp. matters. thanks

Florida location won't notice the 140wt as much as we do up north.

Sure, the required 90wt should be used, but I wouldn't think a 140wt would cause any problems.
You could also consider the RP SAE90 too.

Hope you get the correct trans mount for that swap. Different length tranny case requires the matching mount.

I was able to find some GL4 amsoil, so I returned the RP, wasn't aware that the tranny mount was different between the 2 trannys,
I'll find out tomorrow when my mechanic tries to install it.
Which trans mount are you referring to? I just checked on on Nissan FAST program and the front and rear gusset from trans to engine are listed as being the same for either the 4 speed or the 5 speed.

the mounts must be the same because my mechanic called this morning and said the car was done. thanks for the replies about the gear oil viscosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back