7500 mile oil changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a newbie and love the site!

I have a 98 accord , 00 accord, and 98 nissan frontier.
I have been using 7500 miles change intervals(per honda and nissan) using walmart full syn and walmart filter. The weight I use is usually 5w-30 winter 10w-30 summer.
Is this to long of an interval for this type of oil?
I like to do 7500 changes not every 3000 cause i just dont have the time.
The truck gets it a few thousand sooner since it works a bit harder.

thank you

[ December 11, 2003, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: goodoleboy ]

Mobil 1 and the German sourced, 0w-30 Castrol Syntec are probably better choices. The Valvoline Synpower would also be better than what you are using. I'd feel okay about runnint 7500 miles between changes with any of these three oils.

Even the best oil is cheap insurance and it only make sense to run the good stuff ....

Tooslick
www.lubedealer.com/dixie_synthetics

It appears that due to time etc. that you go to Wal-Mart for the convenience, cost and lack of time to do it yourself. As such, the Mobil 1 is a possibility as they sell it, the Castrol 0W30 maybe but the cost will also be much higher. There is one UOA on the Supertech oil that faired pretty well but I do not remember the mileage on the oil.

What about a dino oil like exoon or chevron . could I go 7500 miles with that?

quote:

Originally posted by goodoleboy:
Is there a good dino i could go 7500 miles with?

Yes a few could with mostly hiway miles but lately the High Mileage oils have my attention especially the Mobil Drive Clean Plus .

Some of the HM oils would be rather poor cold weather performers based on the data sheets but the DC+ 10/40 looks great in that regard where you live and I think it would be a good one for the Nissan - 10/30 in the Honda's during summer -5/30 winter.

Take a look at em
smile.gif

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_Drive_Clean_Plus.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back