75 or 86" TV?

Agreed... You can get good deals on a few 82 inch models. The price gap is big between the 75 and 86 though

that’s nothing, go into the high end and :0000

6FB65DDB-EFEF-43E6-A863-E121A737FC00.jpeg

Don't forget about Vizio. When I worked in the machining trades we had a Vizio mounted on every CNC machine. Machine shops are the WORST environment for electronics. Oil and coolant mist settles on everything. And they were mounted to the machines themselves, that shook and vibrated 24/7. We NEVER had one fail... EVER. So Vizio was my choice when we bought our 65" almost 9 years ago. It still is going strong with a better, sharper picture than either one of our Samsung's, (2, 55"), and our Sony, (42").
My dad just recently went into a nursing facility. I inherited his 2 year old 50" VIZIO TV. I'm going to move my 43" LG TV into my bedroom.

Reactions: FZ1
Keep in mind the larger the TV, the more separated the sound is from someone speaking.*

So if your watching the news on a big TV, the sound doesn't line up well with "Walter Cronkite's" head.

*Sony does make some OLED TV's with Acoustic Surface Audio which uses the whole screen as a speaker and sounds phenomenal.

So if you have money to burn, buy this:

Keep in mind the larger the TV, the more separated the sound is from someone speaking.*

So if your watching the news on a big TV, the sound doesn't line up well with "Walter Cronkite's" head.

*Sony does make some OLED TV's with Acoustic Surface Audio which uses the whole screen as a speaker and sounds phenomenal.

So if you have money to burn, buy this:

I got my mother a Sceptre once.
Exactly as you said. I couldn't set that thing to sound good. Actually it was painful listen to.

30ft is a LONG distance is it really 30 or more like 20ft

IMO 55" is about right for 8-10 ft away.

If you look online they will recommend a 96" or bigger for 20ft viewing distance.

I would get the biggest that isnt crazy price ie under 2k.

or you could do an array tv setup .. ie 4x 55" tv's

Last edited:
There is a rule about the best viewing distance for each size TV. I'd get out the tape measure and determine where you want to sit from the tv. I think my 75 inch preferred distance was only 10 or 11 feet.

There is a rule about the best viewing distance for each size TV. I'd get out the tape measure and determine where you want to sit from the tv. I think my 75 inch preferred distance was only 10 or 11 feet.
Since I had my cataract surgery just recently I feel like the $6 Million Dollar Man watching my 43" TV (Soon to be a 50") from about 12-15' away. ;)

Buy huge . It is better to think , I should have bought the smaller one than hate your self because you bought the smaller one.
As the saying goes, you can never be too rich and the TV can never be too big.

Ray Bradbury wrote Fahrenheit 451 in 1953 where he predicted that people would be obsessed with getting bigger and bigger TVs in the future. He's still right.

As the saying goes, you can never be too rich and the TV can never be too big.

Ray Bradbury wrote Fahrenheit 451 in 1953 where he predicted that people would be obsessed with getting bigger and bigger TVs in the future. He's still right.
The houses get bigger and your eyes get older too.

Have you considered a projector?

I have a friend with a projector onto a big flat wall. It's enormous, fantastic, and far less expensive. And it's mounted on the ceiling so takes no floor space.

Back