75 or 86" TV?

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Okay I have an issue on a TV for my living room. I put a older 55" TV in there and it just disappeared.
I like the way the living room is laid out now but the TV is just too small.

But sitting on the couch the TV is over 30 feet away. The room is around a 1000 sq ft.
So I love the price of a quality 75" TV.
The 86" TV will cost me about $700 more and I have other expenses like a new hvac system. Getting cheap...lol

I will watch movies and news. No gaming and I'm not interested in the latest greatest and will keep the TV until it dies.
Is a 75 incher a good option to watch over 30 ft away???
The 55 isn't.

Thanks all.

The 75" is a good choice for your set up. You'll get the most, "bang for your buck", as they say. You start going bigger than that, and they get real expensive, real fast. We've got a 65" in our bedroom, and it really doesn't seem that large. I'm looking at a 55" right now in our living room, and it seems small. If I replaced it, I would go with a 75" as well. The bigger sets sure have gotten cheaper, haven't they?

I went through the same thing a couple years ago and got the 75". Every time I look at it I wish I wasn't a cheapskate and got the 86".

Buy huge . It is better to think , I should have bought the smaller one than hate your self because you bought the smaller one.

The 75" is a good choice for your set up. You'll get the most, "bang for your buck", as they say. You start going bigger than that, and they get real expensive, real fast. We've got a 65" in our bedroom, and it really doesn't seem that large. I'm looking at a 55" right now in our living room, and it seems small. If I replaced it, I would go with a 75" as well. The bigger sets sure have gotten cheaper, haven't they?
Yes sir...good deals on 75 inches
The problem is the good folks after made valid points too.
But where do you stop? 120 incher?

65 is pretty big for a bedroom but depends on the room...right.

Yes sir...good deals on 75 inches
The problem is the good folks after made valid points too.
But where do you stop? 120 incher?

65 is pretty big for a bedroom but depends on the room...right.

75" is a lot of real estate, I'm happy with it. At the time the 75" was $599 and the 86" was $1,699. I just couldn't justify the difference.

As far as price, I remember my mother paying $368.00 for a 14" RCA color portable back in 1968. It weighed more than my current 65". I watched Armstrong land on the Moon with it. So these things have gotten dirt cheap as far as dollars per inch. Nothing gets cheaper faster than electronic technology.

As far as price, I remember my mother paying $368.00 for a 14" RCA color portable back in 1968. It weighed more than my current 65". I watched Armstrong land on the Moon with it. So these things have gotten dirt cheap as far as dollars per inch. Nothing gets cheaper faster than electronic technology.
Agreed... You can get good deals on a few 82 inch models. The price gap is big between the 75 and 86 though

Thinking Samsung or Sony....??

Don't forget about Vizio. When I worked in the machining trades we had a Vizio mounted on every CNC machine. Machine shops are the WORST environment for electronics. Oil and coolant mist settles on everything. And they were mounted to the machines themselves, that shook and vibrated 24/7. We NEVER had one fail... EVER. So Vizio was my choice when we bought our 65" almost 9 years ago. It still is going strong with a better, sharper picture than either one of our Samsung's, (2, 55"), and our Sony, (42").

Back