75 or 86" TV?

Up in the air.
Trying to avoid China too
Considering

Sony X91J 85 Inch TV​

How about you?
That was one of the current choices! It fits the quality, I am really into "black" shades I hate scenes that they are not fully black, and the prices are very GOOD!
I cant get in spending more then 3k tops for a TV that I will likely upgrade in 5 years or less. I have been procrastinating for almost a year now and the last SONY model I was going to get is 3-4 models behind now? :(
Hey IDEA you get it and post a review! ;)(y):)

Current living room Sony 65.... looks small LOL

Attachments

• IMG_20210831_080101131_HDR_resize.jpg
    IMG_20210831_080101131_HDR_resize.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 16
Two different things, Wolf. Spying vs. getting your property back
It's spying enabled. Sorta like having a camera on your computer. It's not enabled, but could be hacked and enabled which is why some people put tape over the camera when it's not in use. Can't activate a camera if there isn't one and can't activate spying if not available.

Also it just locks the TV, they don't actually get it back, but sorta like how they set up phones to be disabled once they're reported stolen. You don't get the phone back, but no one else can use it.

It's spying enabled. Sorta like having a camera on your computer. It's not enabled, but could be hacked and enabled which is why some people put tape over the camera when it's not in use. Can't activate a camera if there isn't one and can't activate spying if not available.

Also it just locks the TV, they don't actually get it back, but sorta like how they set up phones to be disabled once they're reported stolen. You don't get the phone back, but no one else can use it.
Greetings Wolf-
Son had his laptop and iPhone stolen recently. Disabled iPhone from another and provided LA Police with location data for the stolen iPhone but they didn't make any attempt to recover it. It just wasn't worth their time and it was covered by insurance anyway. It could have been recovered and the perp throw in jail. Contrast this with a homeless woman shoplifting a loaf of bread. Goes to jail. Business can get cops to enforce a law but not an individual

Greetings Wolf-
Son had his laptop and iPhone stolen recently. Disabled iPhone from another and provided LA Police with location data for the stolen iPhone but they didn't make any attempt to recover it. It just wasn't worth their time and it was covered by insurance anyway. It could have been recovered and the perp throw in jail. Contrast this with a homeless woman shoplifting a loaf of bread. Goes to jail. Business can get cops to enforce a law but not an individual
Yeah OK...it's quite understandable that LAPD actually does have better things to do than chase down some kids stolen iPhone. Imagine a detective being assigned to investigate stolen phones. How does one get their phone stolen in the first place? Most keep it on their person.

That was one of the current choices! It fits the quality, I am really into "black" shades I hate scenes that they are not fully black, and the prices are very GOOD!
I cant get in spending more then 3k tops for a TV that I will likely upgrade in 5 years or less. I have been procrastinating for almost a year now and the last SONY model I was going to get is 3-4 models behind now? :(
Hey IDEA you get it and post a review! ;)(y):)

Current living room Sony 65.... looks small LOL
Yeah that actually is far away.
Nice room

Yeah OK...it's quite understandable that LAPD actually does have better things to do than chase down some kids stolen iPhone. Imagine a detective being assigned to investigate stolen phones. How does one get their phone stolen in the first place? Most keep it on their person.
Left in trunk. Parking lot attendant saw him place in trunk and got thieves to leisurely break in, according to eye witness. Attendant ran off when cops showed up. Cops did not have to do too much- just show up at perp address and make an easy arrest. Nothing to really "investigate"

Left in trunk. Parking lot attendant saw him place in trunk and got thieves to leisurely break in, according to eye witness. Attendant ran off when cops showed up. Cops did not have to do too much- just show up at perp address and make an easy arrest. Nothing to really "investigate"
Yeah...it's not that simple. First off, every crime has to be investigated. Arrests are notmae without an investigation. You don't know who committed the crime. Who is the "perp"? The lot attendant because he ran? Which of the thieves you allege he got to break into the vehicle has the phone? How do you know it's not sitting in his 87 year old great grandmother's house? Do you want them to get a tactical team to kick in the door?
I was a cop in a big city. Real life isn't what you see in a 60 minute crime drama on TV.
Apple's app might show you the location of the phone but it doesn't provide you with who committed the crime. Nor will it get you a search warrant.
LA has a population of 4 million people. LAPD has bigger fish to fry than a stolen iPhone.

Last edited:
Yeah...it's not that simple. First off, every crime has to be investigated. Arrests are notmae without an investigation. You don't know who committed the crime. Who is the "perp"? The lot attendant because he ran? Which of the thieves you allege he got to break into the vehicle has the phone? How do you know it's not sitting in his 87 year old great grandmother's house? Do you want them to get a tactical team to kick in the door?
I was a cop in a big city. Real life isn't what you see in a 60 minute crime drama on TV.
Apple's app might show you the location of the phone but it doesn't provide you with who committed the crime. Nor will it get you a search warrant.
LA has a population of 4 million people. LAPD has bigger fish to fry than a stolen iPhone.
Good story and explanation.

OLED is the only way to go in my opinion. I shelled out like $1500 for a 65 LD OLED via ebay in 2019 and i would do it again tomorrow if it broke. I would get the 77" today as they are now under 3k.

Back