70-80% PAO

Parent company is Caltex and Chevron. Looks to be a major refiner in Korea with a track record. MSDS indicates as described with 70-80% PAO, unidentified trade secret up to 15% a few other chemicals. I would try it if available and in the same price ballpark as RL,Amsoil,Ravenol.....

How much is the Kixx @yowps3 I have seen some good and bad reviews.
I paid AUD $60.00/4L

I used the analysis from the Russian Oil forum as a reference before making decision to purchase.

Yes, a few times, it’s made in Korea and sold at a good price. Not much is known about it, at least on BITOG

OP, what car are we talking about?
Kia Stinger TTV6

Parent company is Caltex and Chevron. Looks to be a major refiner in Korea with a track record. MSDS indicates as described with 70-80% PAO, unidentified trade secret up to 15% a few other chemicals. I would try it if available and in the same price ballpark as RL,Amsoil,Ravenol.....
Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of blenders actually use base stock made from them.
I think GS Caltex & SK (both Korean) account for the majority of global supply of Group3/ VHVI / PAO base stock

That’s the question, how much ? And do you trust it ?

If it is what they say it is, then it’s probably a good oil. They just have no history or investment in the local market, which increases the risk to the consumer as they don’t have a name to protect.

I was at Bunnings the other day, and they had 5L jugs of Valvoline SynPower 5W40 and 5W30 full synthetic for $33 each. That’s a very good price in Australia and this appears to be a regular price, not a sale price.

Hard to go past those two, and Valvoline has a name to protect and a big history in the game.
Yea the Kixx is available on ebay.au, well that's the only place I could find it. Its priced reasonably well but there isn't enough info available for me. I have come across it before in the past. I use Nulon Racing 5w50 these days but the oil that stood up the best in my car before that was the Synpower 5w40 and I tried the Shell Helix and Castrol as well, if the Synpower 5w50 or VR1 was available in Australia I would definitely consider using it. It would be a bit cheaper as well.

I paid AUD $60.00/4L

I used the analysis from the Russian Oil forum as a reference before making decision to purchase.

How have you found it, have you run it before?

Good to hear

How have you found it, have you run it before?
I'd say ita been alright based on butt dyno LOL
But really an oil analysis is required to check the performance.
However this PAO stuff smells different and behaves differently to the regular oils.
When checking the dipstick I noted the oil doesn't drip as easily and has a stronger bond to the surface.

Kia Stinger TTV6
Very nice car.

I think your original question has been answered, looks like good oil made on PAO with a TBN of about 8, you have only done about 3000 km on the oil, so leave it in there, unless warranty issues force you to change it.

BTW looking up both the (Australia) Castrol NetLube and Valvoline NetLube for that car, they both give a Ford WSS-M2C-913-D oil.

This starts life as a full synthetic 5W30 oil with Euro A5/B5 spec, then Ford increase the TBN requirement to 10 (from 8) for longer oil life, and they up the ZDDP to about 1000 ppm (hence SL, GF-4 due to elevated Zinc & Phos levels) for extra wear protection.

What this says to me, is your car can handle extra Zinc, so you could also consider something like Castrol Edge 5W30 A3/B4, Edge 0W40, M1 0W40 and Shell Helix Ultra 5W40, as they all have a TBN of 10 (or above) and about 1000 ppm of ZDDP. Just saying, to give you options, nothing wrong with what you are doing.

The SHU 5W40 is API SP (LSPI protection), ACEA A3/B4, MB 229.5, BMW LL-01 and Porsche A40, all on a pure GTL base stock. That’s Big Oil.

The SHU 5W40 is API SP (LSPI protection), ACEA A3/B4, MB 229.5, BMW LL-01 and Porsche A40, all on a pure GTL base stock. That’s Big Oil.
Are you sure? I bought some for my last oil change and it was SN+, looking at the most recent TDS it is SN+. And i second that, fantastic oil, the cheapest here if you want a big name synthetic, 28€ for 5L, looks like NOACK is very low too.

Are you sure? I bought some for my last oil change and it was SN+, looking at the most recent TDS it is SN+. And i second that, fantastic oil, the cheapest here if you want a big name synthetic, 28€ for 5L, looks like NOACK is very low too.
Not sure, heard it here on BITOG, good pick up but API SN-Plus will do me as it’s still a LSPI oil, and I believe some of the Euro OEMs now test for LSPI too. Again it was posted here on BITOG about that too.

Still I’m sure most will agree it the premium product from Shell, and a great oil.

I used the 5w30 version with great results too, the only A3/B4 5w30 available at the store here. I think both are really close. 5w30 = 11.8 cSt, 5w40 = 12.9 cSt.

Reactions: SR5
Wow !! Sorry for your loss.
What oil do you use now?
I use Nulon Racing 5w50. I can get 5L on special for around $85 a few times a year. Like I said though wish I could get a Valvoline 5w50 just as something else I could run.

Reactions: SR5
I use Nulon Racing 5w50. I can get 5L on special for around $85 a few times a year. Like I said though wish I could get a Valvoline 5w50 just as something else I could run.
You can get Valvoline SynPower 10W50, I’ve seen at the shops a few times.
It‘s rated API SN/CF and ACEA A3/B4, they say “for use in street and track conditions.”

You can get Valvoline SynPower 10W50, I’ve seen at the shops a few times.
It‘s rated API SN/CF and ACEA A3/B4, they say “for use in street and track conditions.”

Yea, that looks good, around the same price I will keep it in mind. Hard to find the 5w50 VR1 and Mobil 1 Racing 0w50 in Australia as well. I actually prefer the 10w with the turbo in QLD weather.

Back