6mm hex socket selection ?

Yeah, no. That set collects dust in my toolbox. I have yet to get a hex fastener out without mangling it. The rusted rounded ones I have tried them on rounded out completely. I'll stick with my snapon ones
Strange. They have worked perfectly for me on all of the slightly rounded ones.

I like Gedore and Hazet. Wera makes good ones also.
Stahlwille are the RR of bit sockets, Hazet are good also. Maybe Snap on has improved but when I used them many years ago they were poor, they used a roll pin that broke all the time.
These stubby 1/2 drive Hazets are one of my favorites. the rad socket rail is not correct it is holding Hazet E torx.
IMG_0676.JPG

Stahlwille are the RR of bit sockets, Hazet are good also. Maybe Snap on has improved but when I used them many years ago they were poor, they used a roll pin that broke all the time.
These stubby 1/2 drive Hazets are one of my favorites. the rad socket rail is not correct it is holding Hazet E torx.
View attachment 84064
Snapon did away with those stupid roll pins eons ago

I’m pretty impressed with the icon bits I got a while back to help with a stubborn Spyderco. Menards hand tools can be hit or miss but I do like their torx hand drivers- maybe their hex bit line is worth looking at?

Hyundais manual transmission drain plugs are weird. Suppose to be 24mm but that is loose, a 15/16" fits perfect. Really thin head too so once the wrench slips it usually rounds it out. And it uses a washer to seal so it's usually very tight.

Back