65" Vizio TV at Walmart $261.

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Needed a temporary large TV. Saw this 65" Vizio at Walmart on clearance for $328. Went back to buy it today, marked down again to $261.

I don't know much about TVs, but sense $261 is a good deal. And for note, this has been the easiest TV to unbox and put on a stand. About two minutes.
IMG_20240506_171124.jpg
IMG_20240506_171131.jpg

Little update. Liking the TV. Worth a trip if you have a need and ask if they have one in the back room at $261 USD . And assembled in North America.
...for now...remember, Walmart bought the brand.

that packaging is about 2 years old, no wonder they marked it down.

how do I know it's 2 years old?
- about 2 years ago they started to remodel the store where i work. I'm in our "curbside/pickup" dept. at that time i was the one stuck in the back taking out.
we have a camera feed of our parking spots, and right in front of where folks pull in, is where they parked the construction trailer.
in that first week, I saw one of those boxes just sitting there on the steps for about 5 hours on the camera. it was burned into my brain..

At that price point, you can't go wrong.

Vizio use to be a very well respected name. We couldn't get them in Canada up until a few years so. When I saw them at Costco, I was overjoyed that they were available in Canada. By the time I needed a new TV, they disappeared from the Canadian market.

Vizio was an American company even prior to Walmart buying them.

Sam’s club had off brand 75” TVs for $269 as a door buster last weekend.

That size doesn’t fit my room (and I don’t need a tv)

I’ve actually been looking for “small 4k” screens <24” to use as a combo monitor/skype/tv device but that size is pretty much only available used in 4k.
Why 99% of the screens are still FHD when that is ungodly obsolete is beyond me.

Little do people know but 4k LCDs even in tiny microscopic sizes are terrific not because you will be using the 4k resolution constantly but because you can actually have half a chance at properly scaling pretty much any resolution without a headache. (Even 1440p looks decent on the modern 4k)

I ended up buying an antique Samsung 22” FHD TV for $15 to make due (it fits my desk better than 24”) , what’s sort of sad is that if you want a tv tuner on the small sets with a low latency you pretty much need to buy 10 year old TVs because the smaller TVs are almost all 720 or 1080 with bad latency. The small high end TVs are pretty much dead or overpriced.

i have owned vizio for nearly 20 years, and never had an issue, maybe 10 total with 72" being the largest.

As long as they aren’t the first generation with a new feature,
the 2009 and down lcd Visio’s were horrendous and didn’t allow you to scale images turn off overscan (mine cuts off part of the picture like your zoomed slightly and you can’t adjust)
and the tuners were extremely poor with dropped channels, a firmware update sometimes fixed it but good luck there.

Same issue on their first gen smart TVs (up to 2016ish) terrible firmware support and obsolete out of the box.

Same thing is going on again with their modern smart TVs with very mediocre app and firmware support.

Skip the smart tv crap and the normal tv functions are sorted.

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
I am watching the fireplace to the right - nothin yet.

Good score! but not surprised. Come a long way from the mid '90s when I paid $1098 for a 32" Panasonic superflat

Reactions: GON
And worth noting I have a 1080p 50” Visio Smart TV upstairs, it’s the biggest I could fit.

I had to really mess with the backlight and color settings and the smart functions are inop at this point. (Never did work well)

Vizio are a value brand, good for the money as a TV but you need to be aware of their holdups and history if your trying to push the envelope.

Excellent find!

What we did way back in 2014 is buy two identical TVs. They were both 42" and were the closest fit we could get for our entertainment center.

One we kept downstairs. We used that one quite a bit. The upstairs gets occassional use, and along the way I also got a free Samsung TV with the same size that sits for now.

When the downstairs one gets too many vertical lines, we'll switch it with the upstairs one.

When that upstairs one gets too many lines, we'll put in the Samsung unit.

By then we'll have downsized, the kids will have flown the nest for good, and we'll donate or get rid of the two identical TVs. Maybe we'll even find a second spare on Freecycle or any of the free online sites.

And the punchline? My kid was diagnosed with Crohn's 10 years ago and my wife was concerned a little bit about the radiation. If it weren't for that. we would still be using the CRT TV we got back when Bill Clinton was President. Heck, I would probably have stocked up on two or three quality spares along the way. That CRT was a $99 Black Friday special.

Back