6 months 10,000km OCI with ASL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little off topic, but I thought I saw that they had changed up the OEM filters to a single model #. Don't know how good the new ones are or if there is any difference.

Amsoils' drain intervals are predicated on the idea that you can run the intervals speced for petroleum lubes for normal and severe service conditions, in a particular motor. Toyota recommends 5000 mile drain intervals with petroleum lubes under severe service conditions, which is about 100% too long for this V-6. Hence, you should shorten the Amsoil drain interval accordingly ....I feel comfortable running the Amsoil 5w-30/10w-30 for up to 15,000 miles in an engine with an average rate of oil degradation. Therefore I would use 7500 mile oil/filter change intervals with the Amsoil 5w-30/10w-30 in this motor. The OEM toyota oil filters are of good quality, if you like to use those .....

I have five local customers running Amsoil in the 3.0L, Toyo motor and am testing various Amsoil formulations to determine which will hold up the best. I expect the Series 3000, 5w-30 will turn out to be their most durable formulation in this specific application for several reasons ....

Tooslick
Dixie Synthetics
(256) 882-0768

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
You didn't mention if you were going to do an engine flush or not. With that many KM's I would most definately do an engine flush.

Also if this is your first run with Amsoil or any synthetic for that matter I would reduce my oil change interval slightly. So your choice of 6 months or 10,000 KMs is spot on.

After the first change at the 6 month mark you should have no problem extending out to the 1 year mark and 24000 kms or so.

msparks, I did order the ASL and two SDF-20 filters from you. Thanks for the great customer service.
smile.gif
This is the first time using synthetic in this engine. No, I didn't use the engine flush (Amsoil). I hear too many negatives about using engine flushes on BITOG. I went with the 6 months/10,000kms OCI because the oil filter (Amsoil) recommends changing at that interval. The 10,000kms because the car only does 20,000-25,000 kms each year so basic calculation results in 10,000kms for the 6 months. I wanted to do a UOA on the oil that came out but didn't get around to it. I'll probably stay with the 6 months OCI for now and do an OA in the future. Thanks again for making the purchase a good experience.

[ December 31, 2003, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: hkkc ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back