5k oci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's what you've been doing... Why mess up a good thing? @ 185K looking that good you probably have years of service to enjoy.

Cheers!

I normally use a different filter&oil but trying the castrol now. I normaly do 5k runs with pp or qsud and oem filter.

Stay with OEM filter.
Unless a short tripper grocery getter , you could safely extend to 6500 mile OCI for mix of suburbs / highway ...If a greater percentage of miles are highway you could go 7500 mile OCI .
If your lazy ( like me) just use OEM filter and use PP or QSUD in Oct. and April - that way you are under the vehicle in nicer weather and can enjoy watching the last drop of oil drain out in comfortable temperatures !!

Give you engine what it likes and the Castrol blend has been good to it. Keep doing what you are doing.

Nuff said...

Originally Posted By: jdmstr22
I normally use a different filter&oil but trying the castrol now. I normaly do 5k runs with pp or qsud and oem filter.

Looks real nice.
Your 5k OCIs with PP or QSUD did well. I stick with it but up to 7.5k (more if UOAs show well) and use OEM filter.
But then I have a 2.4L in my DD and doing 5k OCIs (had planned 6-7.5)- easy to remember do 5k on the odo. Was PP, now 2nd fill Kendall, out of Kendall so next OC back to PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back