4x4 synth gear lube...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugh,
I have several toyota ase master mechanics here locally that have switched their manual tranny oils over to the 267 gear oil from schaeffers. Both stated they saw a definate improvement over the prev gear oil they were running.

The 741 does not have moly in it. As for the difference between the 75-90 and 80-90, where you are at, this will not cause you any problems for pumpability.

Look at this web page to see a couple of other aspects about the schaeffers gear oils you might want to look at other than just pumpability.

I know that in that page I was demonstrating the 267 against a full synth marine gear oil but every gear oil I have tested against so far has demonstrated exactly the same results as this marine oil did with the exception that this marine oil did seperate from the water slightly faster than some of the other standard gear oils. Also, at the bottom, this kinda shows how the moly can affect the metal surface over a longer period of time.

Bob,
Dragboat mentioned #267 probably wouldn't have to be replaced. I couldn't find any data on the tech sheet stating this. Could you confirm? I drive about 12K per year.

Quote:
"Dragboat mentioned #267 probably wouldn't have to be replaced. I couldn't find any data on the tech sheet stating this"

Hugh,

I doubt any products sheet will state that. I was basing it on your high mile engine vs Differential life. My mistake for not furthering my why's.I don't recommend " never " replacing a gear oil of anyones make. I retract
smile.gif
that because I failed to mention the motor not oulasting the differentials in all probability

Thanks db for clarifying that. I have heard on other forums and sites, if using Redline or Amsoil, it won't need to be changed. Looking for all the options available before my 1500 mile Auto-Rx treatment is up (@ 400 right now).

Bob, what would be the recommended drain interval for #267???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back