454 Engine remanufactured Jasper engine low oil pressure

Don't most rebuliders grind all the journals the same size? They do here.. usually.10 on the mains and .10 on the rods etc
Up until the last decade or so… It ain’t what it used to be. Turn what’s needed for lower cost reman engines and likely no one is the wiser. Jasper has been hit or miss for years… Our shop had better luck with Interstate Rebuilders. Not sure they are still in business.

No. Seen rebuilders use a standard bearing half in the block and undersize bearing in the cap. Block really needed to be align bored. They made a few bucks…
It is common on performance builds to mix bearing sets. But they do it with standard bearings and then "X" bearings which have .001" more clearance to fine tune the vertical bearing clearance. Keep in mind, they are also honing cylinders .005" or less on a performance rebuild to just get the proper profilmeter reading for the ring pack used.

The shop I mentioned in my earlier post only used .010 and .010 cranks. Every one of em. Like I said, never had a problem ever.

Yes. Good machine shops turning cranks isn’t the problem. It’s the low rent rebuilders that are. Only do what they have to just to get by.

Back