Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally did full oil change in the 300k mile bravada i posted before about

out-old napa filter
thick but not clumpy oil with seemingly proper amount for drain

In-wix filter
4.5 QTS of mobil one full syn. high mileage 10w-30

still holding great oil pressure
saved old filter and plan to open it for curiousity reasons and will gladly post pics of my findings.

Wont be long before you see a oil slick at the top of your dip stick. Mobil 1 High Mileage is a powerful cleaner oil.

I have a friend that has a 94 chevy 4x4 with 5.3 motor and almost 460,00 miles,He is almost 7o yrs old and only believes in using Kendall synthetic blend for 30,000 mile OCI with along a 3 qt make up along with Fram for a filter ,,I would Never recommend this but he did this since it was brand new yet alone and never had any kind of internal engine problems ,,
I'm not into learning into sending oil out for test OR even seeing his stubborn way of oil don't wear out ,,, but i know i will stay with my 5,000 OCI

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: heyu
I have a friend that has a 94 chevy 4x4 with 5.3 motor and almost 460,00 miles,He is almost 7o yrs old and only believes in using Kendall synthetic blend for 30,000 mile OCI with along a 3 qt make up along with Fram for a filter ,,I would Never recommend this but he did this since it was brand new yet alone and never had any kind of internal engine problems ,,
I'm not into learning into sending oil out for test OR even seeing his stubborn way of oil don't wear out ,,, but i know i will stay with my 5,000 OCI

I think he has a 5.7 since it's a 1994.

It is the 5.3 even a extended cab ,,He complains he wished he got one with the 350 cause it is way under powered ,,I been joking him since i seen his OCI that it won't be long till he has to get another truck soon anyway from a sludged up pan ,block or for sure a failed filter and its still running great

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Are you sure it's not a 4.3 V6?

I stand corrected ,,,yes the little 4.3 it is ,,,and yes the rest of my post is correct on his OCI

Originally Posted By: heyu
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Are you sure it's not a 4.3 V6?

I stand corrected ,,,yes the little 4.3 it is ,,,and yes the rest of my post is correct on his OCI

You can't kill a 4.3 you could dump rocks down the fill hole it would probably keep on going. Great little engine.

any cheap dino used to top off unsure of amount added over time period but it doesnt require add at a significant rate
would have loved to do the UOA if it were my personal vehicle im sure the results would have been interesting
filter pictures will come soon just been super busy lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back