40 years of Mad Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apri 12, 2019 will be the 40 th year since the release of Mad Max. Time to get your leathers out!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Shannow
I watched that movie 13 times one weekend

shocked.gif
Now that's dedication!

crazy2.gif

I don't think I've watched it. I think I watched Thunderdome (?) back in the 90's but that might have been it.

I should come up with a bucket list of movies to watch.

Originally Posted by supton

crazy2.gif

I don't think I've watched it. I think I watched Thunderdome (?) back in the 90's but that might have been it.

Mad Max was a bit more of a cult classic than a big hit like The Road Warrior was, but it's definitely a must-see. Just try to watch the non-Americanized version if possible. The more-common 'dubbed into American English' version is pretty campy but it's what most people in the states are familiar with.

I have fond memories of going to see The Road Warrior/Mad Max 2 back in 1982; a classmate and I went to see it at a midnight sneak preview two days before the bar exam. No one else would go with us as they were all frantically studying up to the last minute.
We still passed...

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
She's the last of the V8 Interceptors.

Would've been a pity to blow it up!

I wanted an I-4 powered motorcycle before that movie, I really wanted one after seeing it. They were considered roadburners back then, but are pretty mild compared to what is available today.

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted by supton

crazy2.gif

Mad Max was a bit more of a cult classic than a big hit like The Road Warrior was, but it's definitely a must-see. Just try to watch the non-Americanized version if possible. The more-common 'dubbed into American English' version is pretty campy but it's what most people in the states are familiar with.

Yes, it was Mad Max 1 that I watched that many times...mid teens, didn't want to sleep, weekend...just watched it over and over.

There's a black falcon coupe comes through town regularly. Has the Azzopardi front (the car designer who did the glass front), the lip spoiler on the roof, and MFP006 number plates.

I must have seen it when it reached network TV, or at a friend's house in town where they had cable.

The interceptor loomed large in my early hotrod imagination, but the push-button blower had me confused for a long time. The switch looked like the 2-speed axle controller on my grandpa's cattle truck, but it didn't square with anything I was seeing in Hot Rod Magazine.

I thought the new version was actually a decent riff on the original. It has the landscapes and funky vehicles and weirdos without overdoing the computerized graphics.

Big fan. Been closed minded about seeing the new one though. Always wondered about the Supercharger/nitrous setup as well.

Love this clip of the "...last of the V8 interceptors."

https://youtu.be/vpir9eGi8Mk

I grew up more around the second movie but honestly love them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back