Don't people READ an Ebay listing before buying?

Sold these seat covers after buyer made a $40 offer.

This morning the buyer messages half a dozen times saying,

The item that was sold came damaged understood is was used but in good shape nothing like it was described
The leather is pealing
No pictures indicating it

So I sent him some screen shots of the listing,

Ebay listing.jpg

photo.jpg

So far I haven't heard anything back, but I wouldn't be surprised getting a negative feedback from him. Don't people read the listings and look at the pictures?

As a seller, I get this kind of nonsense about 5% of the time. The last time was mid last year when I sold a charcoal canister for a Scion Tc. The buyer send me a photo after he cracked it trying to install it, claimed I shipped it that way. Unfortunately for him my photos from the listing clearly didnt show it wasnt cracked originally, he broke it trying to install it. I went through the Ebay appeal system and won. Give it a shot, its mind numbingly slow, but I was successful in fighting back against jerk buyers.

As a seller, I get this kind of nonsense about 5% of the time. The last time was mid last year when I sold a charcoal canister for a Scion Tc. The buyer send me a photo after he cracked it trying to install it, claimed I shipped it that way. Unfortunately for him my photos from the listing clearly didnt show it wasnt cracked originally, he broke it trying to install it. I went through the Ebay appeal system and won. Give it a shot, its mind numbingly slow, but I was successful in fighting back against jerk buyers.
This is the reason a lot of people don't want to deal with low end / salvage components customers and instead focus on B2B sales to people knowing what they are doing.

It also happens in retail and why some products are never sold in Costco (mainly those competing on price items).

Sold these seat covers after buyer made a $40 offer.

This morning the buyer messages half a dozen times saying,

The item that was sold came damaged understood is was used but in good shape nothing like it was described
The leather is pealing
No pictures indicating it

So I sent him some screen shots of the listing,

View attachment 209517

View attachment 209518

So far I haven't heard anything back, but I wouldn't be surprised getting a negative feedback from him. Don't people read the listings and look at the pictures?
Nope, they don’t.

I ran an eBay store for years, when shopping on cellphones became common the problems skyrocketed. Lots of buyers bent over obvious prominently listed details, like a 6 pack versus a dozen. Don’t read or plain can’t see it on their tiny screen.

Then they want to return it and expect you to pay the return shipping too. All you can do is eat it and block them from future purchases. Was a good gig overall but I don’t miss it.

I ran an eBay store for years, when shopping on cellphones became common the problems skyrocketed. Lots of buyers bent over obvious prominently listed details, like a 6 pack versus a dozen. Don’t read or plain can’t see it on their tiny screen.
THIS^^^^
If I find an eBay listing on my phone that I think I want to buy, I look at it on a desktop before actually doing it. I think the mobile site omits some of the details or otherwise makes them hard to find.

You MUST be used to this, you flip cars for cryin' out loud.

"Car passes inspection and needs nothing."

"What's it need?"

People for whatever reason need to have THEIR question answered, without taking the time to read a description. Someone here mentioned it's a mental thing of some sort.

They don’t. I list a specific handling time and comment in the listing about when I’ll be going to the post office (because it is not daily) and often get questions (why hasn’t my item shipped yet).

I make it a point to show whatever used item I'm selling worse fault as the pictures following the main listing pic. I would have shown that drivers side detail as pic #2,3,and 4. I'm not saying you are hiding anything, but it isn't easy to see. And if you put it in the listing, no I didn't read it either! :ROFLMAO:;)

I'm on the buyers side here.

Why nothing in the item description? Why no picture showing the damage. Sure, you can "see it" from your carefully planned out photo if you inspect the picture carefully, but not very clearly.

If your goal was to sell those things in order to help somebody out and/or to keep them out if the landfill you should have described the condition better and included better pics of the damage.

If your goal was just to get as much money as you possibly could, then mission accomplished. Good job!

I'm on the buyers side here.

Why nothing in the item description? Why no picture showing the damage. Sure, you can "see it" from your carefully planned out photo if you inspect the picture carefully, but not very clearly.

If your goal was to sell those things in order to help somebody out and/or to keep them out if the landfill you should have described the condition better and included better pics of the damage.

If your goal was just to get as much money as you possibly could, then mission accomplished. Good job!
Ebay started adding the line under "Condition" a few years ago so sellers could mention the issues with the item because many buyers couldn't be bothered with reading the description. So you're ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't. And if anyone with half a brain reads, "wear and tears on drivers outer bolster” they would be on alert to take a closer look at that picture. There IS a zoom in tool to do that. Also, if you mention one flaw in the item, the buyer will find some other perceived flaw that normal people consider typical wear and tear and then file a case for that. Better to mention as little as possible in the description.

Took another look at the listing on my phone, the byline under condition doesn’t come up that I can see.

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4404.jpg

As a seller fortunately I’ve only dealt with one bad customer. It was one who cut open a padded envelope and took out the item and claimed it arrived “lost”. Unfortunately eBay agreed with them. I’m on your side in this case. I’ve actually never seen a bar where you can write something under used condition. But I only post from my phone so maybe that’s why.

Not your call to make. Some people don't wan't to pay top prices for excellent condition. Some people might be only looking for the back covers. Who knows. That's not the issue here.

You're right, it's ebay's call to make. You'll be refunding the buyer and out shipping.

Those seat covers should have gone in the trash can not on ebay.
This. You asked $50 HOLY COW!!! That more than implies good condition. $40? Dude was drunk.

Plus those pictures are terrible. On Ebay if you don't zoom in on the actual damage detail, absolutely expect people to complain.

Just give him money back, maybe you can give him half back. Just a suggestion. I sell NEW stuff daily on eBay

Back