4' LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
All well and good but to be fair he should have at least shown a comparison with good fluorescent tubes, not some old black at the ends flickering ones.
Originally Posted By: billt460
Here is a good video showing a direct comparison between the LED fluorescent replacement tubes, against the standard 32 Watt fluorescent bulbs. You can clearly see how much brighter they are.

I replaced the 4 foot tubes in our kitchen light fixture a year ago with 4 foot warm white LED tubes, I made sure to buy the LEDs that are not a direct replacement, meaning you have to remove the ballast.

For me personally I couldnt see the point of switching to LED and leave the old florescent ballast in.

Originally Posted By: pkunk
I have 24 in my home, 6 in the kitchen which are on probably 10-14 hrs a day for the past 2+ years with no apparent fade. They are equally as bright as the 4 I just installed in the entry room adjacent. I've seen no difference from the ones I bought early at $12 a tube to the $5 ones recently from ebay. The 8ft tubes I bought on ebay (4 for $86) are on 8 hrs a day 6 days a week in my shop and are still twice as bright ad the florescent tubes. I need more LEDs.

All good to know.

And as for the 4, 4 ft. LED's I installed in my garage. It might be worthy to note that while it doesn't get as cold here as in other parts of the country, yesterday it got down to 34 F outside. I went out in the garage, and it was about as cold in there as it's likely to get at any time of the year. The LED's came on immediately, and at full brightness.

In comparison, I have a couple of outdoor fluorescent fixtures on my patio. When I switched them on they took a good 5 minutes to warm up until they reached full brightness. I'm very satisfied with these new direct replacement LED replacement bulbs. They're worth every penny.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: bmwjohn
BILT 460: What did your Wal Mart Great Value 100's cost? Thanks!

A 4 pack runs around $32.00 for the 1,700 Lumen bulbs.
Menard's has a 2 pack of 15 w, 1600 lumen bulb for $7 this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back