3m/Scotchgard paint protection film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any feedback on this stuff? Got a new truck coming and all the new paints are soft so I'm thinking about this for the front to protect from chips.

Protects from chips but does show age after some years.I have it on my 2005 F-150. Overall I think it's a wise investment.

Definitely worth it. Protects against road grime/sap/bugs, minor scuffs and scratches, and the nastier stuff like sand and rocks. Even if the film starts looking kinda lousy, you can just peel it off and get a new one put on. Also adds resale value to the car.

I have 3M/Scotchguard on my 2005 Accord. It's just a partial hood coverage, as well as the front half of the front fenders and the mirrors. It's worked well for me but like anything else you have to maintain it.

I just had an Xpel Ultimate full front-end clear bra installed on my new 2014 Altima. It's supposedly their latest technology in terms of durability.

The feedback on the 3M product was that it was susceptible to yellowing after a few years.

The Xpel installer told me 3M is bringing a new clear bra to market in January 2014 and it should resolve any yellowing or durability issues.

it is worth the money. just make sure they do a good job on the install. have had mine on for 4 years and it looks like the day it went on. just keep a good coat of sealant or wax on it.

I'm suppose to be getting some literature from the installer because he has more than one brand. I did a little research and as he said, the Scotchgard works but doesn't look as good as the others (orange peel). I'm not sure if he has Xpel but he has Suntech and from reviews I read, it looks much better and if it gets a scratch it can be fixed like a clear coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back