34.5 MPG w/ Ultra...2009 Pontiac, automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the 2.2 ecotec with puter that tells mpg...it seems to be about a .2 improvement over 10-30 QS syn...i bet i could get 37.5 mpg if i had a 5 speed...i think this oil is so good i really should go at least 10 k or it is a waste of $$$...mostly hi way

I drive a 1997 grand am, 2.4l 4 banger automatic with 161,000 miles. i do mostly highway driving so my mpg is always in the 30's... which is pretty darn good for a car with that many miles and a "larger" 4 cylinder engine.
19.gif
But i notice that even slight changes in my driving route, temperature, a/c or no a/c, idling... it can change by 2 or 3 mpg easily. Attributing .2 mpg to an oil change is really not feasible unless you drive very consistently for several thousand miles. Still, even slight changes in temperature or humidity could sway your mpg by more than .2

Last edited:
I bought a car-pc for my Nissan Almera 1.5l , and found that it's possible to catch a moment when fuel consumption is enough low. But it's nessasary always to watch the fuel consumption, if you distract from driving and car-pc screen and start to press accelerator, fuel consumption jumps up too much

I tested on enough free highway to keep consumption on most possible low level, all the time controlling digits on a screen
So my trip was 100 km(62 miles) and I spent 4,3 liters (1,14 gallon) . If recalculate from l/km to mpg it would be 54 mpg, I think it's enough good. Speed was always 80-90 km/h, or 50-60 mils/hour. I was slowest....But sure my trip was the chipest

ultra may not help mpg but it sure didnt hurt all things being equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back