303 protectant for vinyl siding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by qwertydude
Vinyl encased leather is still leather. You might think it's plastic coated and therefore sealed from all the elements but if it was completely sealed then when you sit on it it wouldn't breathe and it would feel no different than cheap vinyl, ie sweaty and clammy.

So still putting silicones on coated leather doesn't maker sense as it still soaks into the leather and causes deterioration. Over time you'll still see it crack more than if you used proper leather conditioner and when treating just let it soak longer or even put in the sun to let the heat open up the micro pores in the vinyl.

Finally someone who gets it. You are absolutely correct querty.

303 is water based and it would not work well on an outside surface like vinyl siding for long. Even when I used it on boat seats for something moored in the water it still had to be covered over but then lasted and protected for a long time.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Vinyl encased leather is still leather. You might think it's plastic coated and therefore sealed from all the elements but if it was completely sealed then when you sit on it it wouldn't breathe and it would feel no different than cheap vinyl, ie sweaty and clammy.

So still putting silicones on coated leather doesn't maker sense as it still soaks into the leather and causes deterioration. Over time you'll still see it crack more than if you used proper leather conditioner and when treating just let it soak longer or even put in the sun to let the heat open up the micro pores in the vinyl.

It took five years to finally get an answer.

Originally Posted by PimTac

It took five years to finally get an answer.

Haha that's awesome! I thought it was a brand new thread
laugh.gif
I was thinking though,"Man I haven't seen querty on here in a long time!" :p

laugh.gif

I wish he was still around here. He really knew his stuff.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
laugh.gif

I wish he was still around here. He really knew his stuff.

Yeah me too! I liked him,and he seemed extremely educated and intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back