300,000 Mile 1994 Acura Legend LS coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is pretty impressive. Luckily he didn't have the 6th gen. automatic transmission because he probably be on his 4th or 5th AT my now.

Many cars today seem bloated to me. They all have fat rear ends. Fat Americans = Fat cars?? I do not like the new Accord Coupe at all. Huge rear end and has too much of a bubble look. Toyota ruined the Solara with a smilar design. IMHO.

This would have been a great vehicle to do wear tests on. Could have saved some money by using syn and doing extended drains. I wonder what oils he used?

That looks good and I still even like the original generation legend from the late 80s.

Sure, its rust-free from 13 years in Tempe Arizona, but the cleanliness comes from the repainting and cleaning they did for this showroom presentation. They even painted the insides of the wheelwells. Obviously, its been well cared for and not beaten to death by a slob but most of us here could make our cars look just as nice with the same amount of restoration.

I'd like to see what this car would look like after 13 years of daily-driving here in the salty midwest.

Quote:
Recently had the roof, mirrors, hood, front fenders, and front bumper painted (fading and rock pitting consistent with age and mileage). All other paint is original.

This was the most involved detail I've ever done. Completely scrubbed and detailed undercarriage. Spent nearly an entire day on the engine, and a couple hours on the interior.

I gave my legend 4dr to my father. it was/is spotless too. the car is overengineered the same way older mercedez benzes were.

my father has absolutely no intention of getting rid of it as the car still drives wonderfully, the interior is extremely comfortable and the styling, to me, is timeless.

the car is driven year round and it is rustproofed yearly. it is not washed/detailed/polished like a gem, however. there is absolutely no rust on the body and minimal rust on the undercarriage. I've had other honda's of that generation and the body/undercarriage did not hold up like this one has. it seems that unlike a cavalier/cimarron, you actually do get what you pay for with a honda/acura.

just a wonderful car that I wouldn't hesitate to compare to anything in the luxury 4dr market today.

Originally Posted By: road_rascal
I'm shocked on how well the wheels look. I don't see scuff marks from tire removals or bits of wheel weight goo.

The wheels might be refinished. I noticed the floor mats look new as well. I can't see driving 300k and the mats remained that clean.

Originally Posted By: berge
it should.

that's what i thought too...but don't see the GS-II logo on the engine..I thought you could see it pretty well, if it did have the logo..did the LS come with it at all?
would be a shame not to have the GS-II in an otherwise perfect car...
what a nice/classy design...the headlights and the grill look classier than most "present day" cars..

Last edited:
That is an awesome car. That coupe design is phenominal even today, Looks much better than the 1st gen and 2nd gen CL/CL-S. I wonder if he has the Gen/Type II engine with 230hp or the 200hp Gen/Type I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back