3.6 pentastar as bad as it seems ???

Pondering about getting a jeep wrangler . New. 2 door Sport. Power nothing. Plain Jane. But dam there’s a lot of bad reviews on these engines. Are they as bad as advertised ???!
We have a 2019 PS. Had to replace a head at 60k just outside of warranty. Had to replace the transmission right at 100k.
If a vehicle can’t last up close to 300k miles it’s nothing but a liability to me as I will rack up that many miles in half a decade.
Disappointing.
Nephew has a Jeep 3.6 pentastar and has the same cylinder 2 misfire and needs a new head. I know more PS owners or previous owners that have had early failures than I know those that haven’t.

We have a 2019 PS. Had to replace a head at 60k just outside of warranty. Had to replace the transmission right at 100k.
If a vehicle can’t last up close to 300k miles it’s nothing but a liability to me as I will rack up that many miles in half a decade.
Disappointing.
Nephew has a Jeep 3.6 pentastar and has the same cylinder 2 misfire and needs a new head. I know more PS owners or previous owners that have had early failures than I know those that haven’t.

Are you sure you and your nephew were simply not a victims crooked mechanics looking for a higher payout? The head issues have affected a very small percentage of PS engines and that was for 2014 and earlier models. They can experience dropped valve seats sometimes, but that's rare too.

Most of the misfires on the newer ones are caused by the bad rocker arms that ate away a cam lobe. These do not require a head replacement.

Are you sure you and your nephew were simply not a victims crooked mechanics looking for a higher payout? The head issues have affected a very small percentage of PS engines and that was for 2014 and earlier models. They can experience dropped valve seats sometimes, but that's rare too.

Most of the misfires on the newer ones are caused by the bad rocker arms that ate away a cam lobe. These do not require a head replacement.
Took ours to dealer and that’s what they claim they did. Nephews went to some independent shop.
I wouldn’t doubt for a second that the dealership would lie about it.
Wouldn’t doubt any shop anywhere would lie actually. That’s the type of society we’re living in now.

Back