3.6 pentastar jku 2015 engine 140k miles

What do yall think ? See the chunk ? Mopar says this isn't enough just yet for new engine, the dealership does.

Attachments

• SALEMI PICK UP TUBE.jpg
    SALEMI PICK UP TUBE.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 71
  • METAL IN PAN SALEMI.jpg
    METAL IN PAN SALEMI.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 67
  • METAL IN PAN SALEMI 4.jpg
    METAL IN PAN SALEMI 4.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 66
  • METAL IN PAN SALEMI 3.jpg
    METAL IN PAN SALEMI 3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 70
  • METAL IN PAN SALEMI 2.jpg
    METAL IN PAN SALEMI 2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 75
  • OIL FILTER SALEMI.jpg
    OIL FILTER SALEMI.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 72
@Skippy722 Oil control valve had metal, pan had metal and a chunk of metal, filter had metal and screen had metal. Mopar warranty wants to further break engine down and that the pictures and report from dealership isn't enough. I'm just looking at that chunk of metal wondering how that's not enough to justify. Appreciate ur opinion

I would ask the dealer what is that piece of metal and where did it come from?
As far as the metal flakes in oil, that is consistent with the rocker arm failure and cam damage.
Yeah, I mean, it's threaded and it had to come from somewhere. At first blush I thought it was a chunk of the oil filter cap or housing, but those are plastic.

There was a period of time when FCA had an unlimited time/unlimited mileage warranty. Sadly, you needed it...
Yeah, my grandparents bought an 08 T&C touring 3.8 6 speed van and they bought the unlimited powertrain warranty. I have the van now, but they were calling him and mailing him monthly always trying to buy the van back from him for ridiculous prices. The warranty was used many times. Luckily, I haven't really had many issues with it in the last 5 years.

End of story jeep torn down engine to see where point of failure. They found a bent rod along with the cams,lifters, rocker arms and replaced the engine under lifetime warranty. Pretty happy since old engine had 141k miles on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231_154845_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231_154845_Photos.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 14
Back