2nd Kreen Cleaning -- 98 Camry V6 -- Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: V8man

You have proven that auto-rx is expensive, but you have not proven that this product works.

The late Gary Allan, dnewton3, and others , already have.

I have not seen any evidence on this board of auto-rx doing any cleaning in engines.

You haven't looked for any either.

I have not seen any dissatisfied members who tried Kreen or MMO 1st show any dissatisfaction and then using auto-rx and saying it was a better product.

You're in a thread that says just that, ARX did better than kreen.....

]
Originally Posted By: Artem
Trav, I was disappointment with the results of the ARX cleaning as I was expecting more cleaning. After seeing Kreen do worse then ARX, it is now clear that ARX cleaned better after all is said and done.

After seeing results from both products, what am I saying wrong in this thread..?

I understand that auto-rx can only be bought over the internet, if this product is ever gonna sell it should be in auto part stores, selling something over the Internet is tough

Selling things over the net is not tough, being that thousands of companies do it.

What is not cool is attacking people or trashing other oil additives, everyone here has the freedom in buying the oil additive of there choice.

So why do kreen users jump into ARX threads and do just that, trashing the product/people?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trajan

You have proven that auto-rx is expensive, but you have not proven that this product works.

The late Gary Allan, dnewton3, and others , already have.

Not to mention thousands of others around the world. Look at automotive forums in the U.K, Philippines, etc. They are all suss of course, as they aren't BITOG members!!

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Think what a harsh solvent does to seals. I've seen the results.

Did you use a certain product that destroyed your seals?

I believe Amsoil makes an Engine Flush, is this product solvent based?

Has anyone on this board seen problems with using any of these engine flushes?

None that I've seen if used as directed. Most reputable companies like Amsoil, Kano Labs, and Turtle Wax for example test their products. Some of these companies are $500 million dollar plus operations. Do you really think Amsoil, Kano labs, or Turtle Wax is going to turn out a product that destroys engines and seals? They have the money, resources, and product life cycle [80+ years in some instances] that if there were problems we would have heard about it.

Now if you want an idea of what works, and what doesn't work, spend some time searching the different additives, compare satisfied customers to customers that weren't happy, then run some percentages. Let us know what product has the most satisfied customers, and what the percent of satisfied to dissatisfied customers is. Then decide what you'd want to use. Check out prices of the products too, and how complaints, if any are handled. Report back if you'd like.

A fast look it seems that MMO has the most satisfied customers, with Kreen in secong place, only because more people tried MMO. But Kreen seems to be the fastest of the bunch, and Trav has lots of experience with it, and knows what he's talking about. So that makes it good for me.

Many here have not had good experiences with ARX. Specifically myself, I was ridiculed when I called for a refund and none was ever issued. I simply do not do repeat biz with a company that does not back up their products.

I tried 4 bottles, only I followed the instructions to the letter. My results were just like Artem's, NONE! Now if I had tried 5 different products first who knows what might have happened. But I also wasn't looking for cosmetic results, I needed help with real mechanical issues. But my duty cycle is pretty unique, so who knows what might happen in another person's vehicles.

Let's see if he gets his moolah back from Kano. I bet they back their product up. They also have a very diverse product line and some great stuff besides Kreen.

But it's a free world and the facts are we all buy what we want for our own reasons.

Originally Posted By: trajan

You conveniently left this out.

Now you say this..

I'm being realistic here and completely accurate when I say that Auto-RX gave the biggest improvement in cleanup before Kreen supposedly softened it up.

But before you said this about ARX..

Nothing to see here people, move along...
I'm not satisfied with the results at all and honestly, didn't expect anything either, after not seeing much cleaning happening during the FIRST cleaning / rinse cycles.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2842373&page=1

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Many here have not had good experiences with ARX. Specifically myself, I was ridiculed when I called for a refund and none was ever issued. I simply do not do repeat biz with a company that does not back up their products.

I tried 4 bottles, only I followed the instructions to the letter. My results were just like Artem's, NONE! Now if I had tried 5 different products first who knows what might have happened. But I also wasn't looking for cosmetic results, I needed help with real mechanical issues. But my duty cycle is pretty unique, so who knows what might happen in another person's vehicles.

Let's see if he gets his moolah back from Kano. I bet they back their product up. They also have a very diverse product line and some great stuff besides Kreen.

But it's a free world and the facts are we all buy what we want for our own reasons.

Steve it was suggested to ignore the directions, and dump 2-3 bottles in at a time, and do that 3 times. That could be why it didn't work for you.
smile.gif
The truth is, had I known that was how to get it to work I would have passed and stuck with Ole Faithful! I don't have that kind of time or money.

Frank you forgot "drive it like you stole it". Try that with your van where you live.
lol.gif

I can see the headlines now.

Flash...
Long Island painter takes out kindergarten with van doing 90 Mph. The driver claims he was trying to clean his engine after being advised to "drive it like you stole it" to achieve proper results.

What is not cool is attacking people or trashing other oil additives, everyone here has the freedom in buying the oil additive of there choice.

So why do kreen users jump into ARX threads and do just that, trashing the product/people?

There's what... two Kreen users who do that? How many Kreen users are there on this board? Certainly a lot more than two; why attack all Kreen users and even non-users who just want to read about the product, for the actions of a very small minority of users?

I'm not sure I can count the number of ARX users who routinely attack other products on two hands, though, and there are a lot fewer of them here. The percentage of offenders of much higher, though the number of users is much lower.

If you're trying to say two wrongs make a right, eye for an eye and all that, I'd consider what it is that you're asking for. There are more Kreen users than ARX users on this board; I personally use neither, I'm just tired of seeing this [censored] in every thread I click on here. If you really do want a holy war here, Kreen and MMO users have the numbers (both in usership and number of engines cleaned) to completely devastate the ARX camp; you should be thankful that those groups are typically more refined in their posting and less prone to militant behavior (e.g. making [censored] of themselves) because the resultant attack on the ARX name would likely put ARX out of business.

Just. Stop.

Everyone.

A fast look it seems that MMO has the most satisfied customers, with Kreen in secong place, only because more people tried MMO. But Kreen seems to be the fastest of the bunch, and Trav has lots of experience with it, and knows what he's talking about. So that makes it good for me.

And you can of course back that up.

"If you are using a Synthetic oil leave the wizards in a bottle on the shelf if you are using anything less then yes they may be of some benefit but at the and of the day you are just trying to turn a dog into a fox." Did the person who said that know what he was talking about?

I received the refund on my credit card today, so all is well for the two quarts of Kreen that I used and didn't see much results from. (only got refunded for the product itself, I'm still out quite a bit on the shipping but that's life...)

I use Kano's penetrating lube (threw out all my WD-40) as it is simply AMAZING at getting bolts loose.

Originally Posted By: Trav

You conveniently left this out.

Now you say this..

I'm being realistic here and completely accurate when I say that Auto-RX gave the biggest improvement in cleanup before Kreen supposedly softened it up.

But before you said this about ARX..

Nothing to see here people, move along...
I'm not satisfied with the results at all and honestly, didn't expect anything either, after not seeing much cleaning happening during the FIRST cleaning / rinse cycles.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2842373&page=1

I say it like it is and don't pee around the bush. When I first tried Auto-RX and didn't see much cleaning, i figured that the second cleaning / rinse phase would produce the same results, hence what I said in that thread.

Having seen ZERO results from Amsoil's 15 minute flush and now having seen Kreen do worse then ARX, it's obvious that ARX is a better cleaner. (your results may vary)

Originally Posted By: Doog
I have cleaned up a dirty Honda CRV I-4 with Pennzoil Platinum and about 4 OCI's of 5000 miles. All of these cleaning products are simply a waste of money IMO. I'll buy PP or PU for cleaning. I am now getting some cleaning in my kid's Civic 1.8L that was purchased with 40k on the clock and switched from dino to QSUD.

I'll be running 2 or 3 jugs of PP and see what happens but inspection down the fill hole shows some improvement with 20,000 miles of QSUD. I would rather spend the $$ on a good synthetic than experiment with all of the additives.

The OP could try Pennzoil Platinum or Pennzoil Ultra for a few OCI's.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Yes V8man I will stick to good old honest motor oil. Even if a person used Pennzoil Platinum, Pennzoil Ultra or Mobil 1 it would be less expensive than several bottles of Auto-RX+. And a person could easily add MMO or even Kreen to the cleaning oil at a pretty reasonable price.

At least Pennzoil has some proof with engine sequence tests. What kind of proof do these other cleaners have? And MMO is dirt cheap compared to Auto-RX+.

Fellas, I don't buy into Pennzoil's "marketing" on their oils magically cleaning engines and my use of their PYB which didn't do much of anything (also said to be a very good cleaning oil).

I'd be willing to try PP or PU for a few OCIs after all these "proper" cleaning attempts are said and done.

So you blindly followed the instructions to the letter. Don't you have independent thought and think for yourself?

Oh, and V8man, if you really believe that a product only available through the internet must be on auto parts store shelves if it's ever going to sell, then since kreen is internet only..........

So you blindly followed the instructions to the letter. Don't you have independent thought and think for yourself?

Those instructions were written by people who know the chemical makeup and properties of the product, so, at the least, I'd say they're a good starting point.

Let's compare two products, one costs $5 per bottle and that bottle will treat 1 sump, per the bottle instructions, 2 sumps once you realize it still works at half strength; $2.50 per dose at that rate. The other costs $28 per bottle and that bottle will treat 1 sump, per the bottle instructions, but you realize after your first use that you need 2 bottles in the sump to achieve any results; $56 per dose at that rate.

It is in a manufacturer's best interest to provide instructions for their product that actually produce results. You said it yourself, ARX didn't do anything when you followed the directions. Nothing. To me, that says the product isn't that great, regardless of whether it can be used in a way that makes it effective. I hope you're using a heavier oil with a stout additive pack (lots of moly and/or zinc) when you double-dose, or it just may be that the cleaning you're seeing is the result of heavy polishing from particulate contamination caused by metal-on-metal wear because you diluted your oil too much (incidentally, the same reason you shouldn't double-dose on MMO or Kreen).

Don't take this as a bash on ARX; I've never used the stuff personally so I can't really say whether it's a good product or not. It could be that the people who've not had success with it haven't had the problems it's targeted at, which is the same thing I say when someone doesn't get results from Kreen (which I also have not used), MMO (which I have used), or Restore (which I have also used). I've used a few other products that didn't do much, but I'm not here bashing them; if I see someone mention wanting to use one of those products, I will let them know of my experience and they can use that information to make their own decision; no reason to bash.

In the case of Restore, I had some cylinder wall scoring and knew I needed a rebuild, but couldn't do it until summer. Restore kept that truck on the road until then; post-rebuild, the truck ran like brand new. In the case of MMO, I started with the bottle instructions and when it worked exceptionally well, I started lowering the dose and found that, in my application, a half dose worked better than a full dose. Had I seen no results (not poor results, but *NO* results) from those products I, being of sound mind, would not have said to myself "oh, maybe the directions are wrong" and wrote my own; rather, I would have said "well, looks like this product isn't effective for this problem" and moved on to something else, perhaps revisiting those products at some point in the future when I had a different problem for them to tackle. Had they given poor results, then I may have tried your methodology of upping the dosage, but then I would also use a heavier and stouter oil than I would normally run, so as to avoid engine damage.

There's nothing wrong with following directions and determining, based on a complete lack of effect, that a product is ineffective. In fact, I'd say that shows more independent though than blindly saying "the amount the bottle said to use didn't do anything but these people say the stuff works, maybe I just need to use more".

Originally Posted By: KeMBro2012

Those instructions were written by people who know the chemical makeup and properties of the product, so, at the least, I'd say they're a good starting point.

Let's compare two products, one costs $5 per bottle and that bottle will treat 1 sump, per the bottle instructions, 2 sumps once you realize it still works at half strength; $2.50 per dose at that rate. The other costs $28 per bottle and that bottle will treat 1 sump, per the bottle instructions, but you realize after your first use that you need 2 bottles in the sump to achieve any results; $56 per dose at that rate.

It is in a manufacturer's best interest to provide instructions for their product that actually produce results. You said it yourself, ARX didn't do anything when you followed the directions. Nothing. To me, that says the product isn't that great, regardless of whether it can be used in a way that makes it effective. I hope you're using a heavier oil with a stout additive pack (lots of moly and/or zinc) when you double-dose, or it just may be that the cleaning you're seeing is the result of heavy polishing from particulate contamination caused by metal-on-metal wear because you diluted your oil too much (incidentally, the same reason you shouldn't double-dose on MMO or Kreen).

Don't take this as a bash on ARX; I've never used the stuff personally so I can't really say whether it's a good product or not. It could be that the people who've not had success with it haven't had the problems it's targeted at, which is the same thing I say when someone doesn't get results from Kreen (which I also have not used), MMO (which I have used), or Restore (which I have also used). I've used a few other products that didn't do much, but I'm not here bashing them; if I see someone mention wanting to use one of those products, I will let them know of my experience and they can use that information to make their own decision; no reason to bash.

In the case of Restore, I had some cylinder wall scoring and knew I needed a rebuild, but couldn't do it until summer. Restore kept that truck on the road until then; post-rebuild, the truck ran like brand new. In the case of MMO, I started with the bottle instructions and when it worked exceptionally well, I started lowering the dose and found that, in my application, a half dose worked better than a full dose. Had I seen no results (not poor results, but *NO* results) from those products I, being of sound mind, would not have said to myself "oh, maybe the directions are wrong" and wrote my own; rather, I would have said "well, looks like this product isn't effective for this problem" and moved on to something else, perhaps revisiting those products at some point in the future when I had a different problem for them to tackle. Had they given poor results, then I may have tried your methodology of upping the dosage, but then I would also use a heavier and stouter oil than I would normally run, so as to avoid engine damage.

There's nothing wrong with following directions and determining, based on a complete lack of effect, that a product is ineffective. In fact, I'd say that shows more independent though than blindly saying "the amount the bottle said to use didn't do anything but these people say the stuff works, maybe I just need to use more".

Saw enough in the first try with an inappropriate oil to have another go and extend the mileage. Then tried more over time and 12 years or more later I have a methodology that guarantees results. I just don't see others here thinking outside the square with any product, not just Rx, just blindly 'follow the instructions'. Not the way we do things here in Oz.

Saw enough in the first try with an inappropriate oil to have another go and extend the mileage. Then tried more over time and 12 years or more later I have a methodology that guarantees results. I just don't see others here thinking outside the square with any product, not just Rx, just blindly 'follow the instructions'. Not the way we do things here in Oz.

So you're saying Aussies don't heed warnings or use common sense? Based on my experience with my Australian friends (two still in Australia and one who moved to the US), that is not the case.

I would suggest a UOA to make sure what I mentioned above, about particulate contamination due to metal-on-metal wear, is not the case.

Originally Posted By: KeMBro2012
sprintman said:
Saw enough in the first try with an inappropriate oil to have another go and extend the mileage. Then tried more over time and 12 years or more later I have a methodology that guarantees results. I just don't see others here thinking outside the square with any product, not just Rx, just blindly 'follow the instructions'. Not the way we do things here in
So you're saying Aussies don't heed warnings or use common sense? Based on my experience with my Australian friends (two still in Australia and one who moved to the US), that is not the case.

I would suggest a UOA to make sure what I mentioned above, about particulate contamination due to metal-on-metal wear, is not the case.

Not at all, as you well understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back