2nd Bottle of RX is over, should I go for a 3rd treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provide a bottle of rx to me and I will convey an accurate assessment of my findings.

I have a Toyota 4 Runner 3.0 V6 with 76,000 miles on it. The drivers side valve cover has a very "slight" leak that I want to fix, therefore I will remove and replace gasket and take before and after pictures.

I bought the truck with 57000 miles on it and the owners weren't to particular about oil changes so there is some varnish and very "minimal" deposit evident at filler hole.

Up to the challenge?
grin.gif

I have to say that Auto-rx has not made any noticeable difference in the 2 cars I have treated. Of course, both cars have been well maintained, with no issues prior to treatment, so I did not expect much. One car had a MINOR rear main seal leak, and I will be ending the treatment this weekend (~1100 miles), and switching to dino. I'll keep an eye on the seal and see if the leak goes away.

I decided to run Auto-Rx treatments based on Terry's testimonials about wear numbers. Kind of a preventative maintenance thing for me.

As has been previously mentioned, the "results" from an application of Auto-Rx (or two) can be dramatic in those cases where a lot of 3rd party material is loosened and trapped in the filter. Obvious heavy deposits are going to impress visually, pictures of "before and after" where brown deposits on valve covers and valve train are removed show remarkable cleaning.

But as Terry has mentioned in previous threads, it isn't really about what you find in the filter but what the results are in cleaning the engine internally. I certainly expected to see more gunk & grit in the filter pleats on the 420SEL than what I saw since it had over 130K. However, good maintenance practices and good oil had maintained the engine in a cleaner state than what I had expected. I was encouraged, maybe even elated.
fruit.gif
The grit that I did find was substantial and I don't doubt it was removed from areas that a conventional flush wouldn't have affected. Hopefully it was from around the rings.
dunno.gif
The SVX wasn't very "dirty", either. I wasn't as surprized there as it had 3K changes all its life (that one we bought new), but there was still an amount of fine, gritty material in the filter folds. Job done. Haven't had it in the F250 long enough to even pull the filter (I'm really interested in seeing what's in THERE!) but it sure SEEMS to be running smoother already
cool.gif
When you are getting under 10 mpg hauling a ton+ camper, any increased mileage will be warmly appreciated. But that's not why I used it.

I guess what I really don't understand is the crack about it not being "cost effective"? What does it cost to remove even the valve covers from any of these three vehicles? In time (mine, fortunately, vs. the dealer or a shop @ $50-70 per hour) or in parts? How about pulling off a head, or dropping the engine (SVX) or pulling it (as in the MB or the F250)?
confused.gif

How can a $50 investment not be cost effective if it loosens up just one ring set? Or one seal leak? Or one noisy lifter? Or even if it just cleans up the valve train enough to make the correct mechanical diagnosis just that much easier? What about the prospect of reduced wear? Emissions test problems, anyone? I don't see that there is actually an alternative effective treatment for this type internal cleaning other than Neutra. And some feel they actually compliment each other.

I guess the fact that "your results may vary" may be lost to some... Either that, or their expectations are too high or are, perhaps, simply unreasonable to begin with?

Then there is the guarantee...

p.s. I'm sure glad I don't have to try and make everyone happy
banghead.gif

Nova Dude - Let me clarify something for everyone. A clean engine is not always going to show carbon or varnish. It will, however, by oil analysis show a major improvement in the numbers. Auto-Rx cleans out dirt and third party abrasives in every engine and these particulates can't be seen (they are liquified). However, Dyson Analysis will run your test and the numbers will show the results. Make sure you revisit www.auto-rx.com and click on Independent Field Test Results and look at 1995 Classic Corvette 'before' Auto-Rx and 'after' Auto-Rx and, as you say, it is preventative maintenance. Your numbers will be just as impressive. You're and engineer and know what MTBF means; Auto-Rx will give you that because every square inch of your engine is being lubricated by the oil of your choice. No chemistry can repair metal wear; however, after a cleansing with Auto-Rx you will alter the effects of wear.

Frank,
I used Auto-Rx in my new 2001 Ford PSD to clean the engine of Mfg. particles. When I cut the filter open, I had alot of metal particles, no sludge as expected on a new engine. I then changed the oil and ran for 3K and had the oil analized. The results were excellent for a new engine. Now I just add a maint. dose at each oil change. This routine should keep me sludge free for the life of the engine.

Terry If I offended you I apoligise. You are the last person I would want to offend. I always enjoy your posts. I did not think that I said anything to offend you or Frank in my origanal post .If I did say anything that was taken that way I am sorry. I did get a bit deffensive but it was never directed towards you. I did get a bit huffy with Frank but only after that testiomonial from his site showed up as an answere to the question "Should I run another bottle (3rd), just to be sure I've done all I can? ". So Terry I again apoligise if I offended you and I apoligise to any members that were uncomfortable with the tone of this post!!

John, No offense to me at all. No need to apologise to me. I never took anything said here personally. I do however respect your posted apology.

offtopic.gif
I do have a question, are you using your real name or a pseudonym ? I'm always suspect about those who are not open with their identity. Just a personal thing. Guess I'm old fashioned.

Please feel free to post your thoughts but as always, prepare for the onslaught of possible differing points of view. I won't be a party to anyone ever being squelched on this site for honest forthright posts.

I know this product and I know Frank, neither is untrustworthy or hype like 99% of the ripoff chemistries available on the market.

I test those too but you'll not hear me promoting their use to my friends on BITOG.

Frank gets defensive because he has given everything he's got against a lot of resistance from the entrenched interests in the market place.
I salute his integrity and his product.

Bringing a real honest product to market is tough and most products that someone invents never make it regardless how good they are. And the lubricant business is the worst, lack of capitol and the big guys whack you at everyturn.

Amazing that a chlorinated paraffin with a sound inhibiting dose of thick oil or teflon polymer can be accepted for years until the law suits are heard. And the ignorant still buy the stuff !!!!!

Too bad BITOG was not available when those came to market !

Post on John.

Most people here know me and that I live on other end of the universe (Canberra you know the city that got hit by a 250kmh blazing tornado in January). We buy Auto-Rx by the case and it owes us A$600 landed. Industrial clients such as forklift owners etc are falling over themselves to get it. My abused Mazda turbo has never run like it does now after 3 cleanups (two speeding fines in 3 days recently attests to that). In our families Outback we use only the best, Redline oils, Nitrogen tyre fill, NGK Iridium plugs, Evo 98 fuel with Lucas UCL and FPC added and Auto-Rx (@nd clean underway). If I had the slightest doubt about this product, it wouldn't get with cooee of our Sube!!

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
Provide a bottle of rx to me and I will convey an accurate assessment of my findings.

I have a Toyota 4 Runner 3.0 V6 with 76,000 miles on it. The drivers side valve cover has a very "slight" leak that I want to fix, therefore I will remove and replace gasket and take before and after pictures.

I bought the truck with 57000 miles on it and the owners weren't to particular about oil changes so there is some varnish and very "minimal" deposit evident at filler hole.

Up to the challenge?
grin.gif

So I see there is no taker to the challenge!
grin.gif
Understandable, it may not be in your best interest to provide product to someone that is overly picky.
wink.gif
In essence it would cost me money too!

I would still be open to try Neutra or RX and convey an accurate assessment of my findings. I will post digital pictures of before and after the treatments.

Up to the challenge?

smile.gif

quote:

quote:

I will remove and replace gasket and take before and after pictures.

Up to the challenge?
grin.gif

So I see there is no taker to the challenge!
grin.gif
Understandable, it may not be in your best interest to provide product to someone that is overly picky.
wink.gif
In essence it would cost me money too!

I would still be open to try Neutra or RX and convey an accurate assessment of my findings. I will post digital pictures of before and after the treatments.

Up to the challenge?

smile.gif

Hey, are you up to the challenge of actually paying for things?

We all know Auto-RX and Neutra work great.

tongue.gif

jjbula,, It will cost me to run the engine cleaners since I will have to change the oil and filter at least once more than a regular change, plus the time to take the pictures, upload them and type up follow-ups regarding treatments. It will cost me more than the cost of the bottle of engine cleaner. I offered to do it because of the skepticism around these products including mine. I have never seen any of these products actually work and neither has anyone I know that works in automotive which includes a regional manager of a large automotive service chain and a manager of a large auto parts distributor.

So on the contrary, if the stuff works as written there will be orders that offset the cost of a treatment.
wink.gif

Frank

Member # 34

posted May 20, 2003 11:15 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rando Thank you for "sharing" let me know if you have any other questions I can answer about "Auto-Rx".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 219 | From: Ormond Beach Fl | Registered: May 2002 | IP: Logged |

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Amkeer

The orders are already there and rising constantly. Your 'test' isn't required by anybody. What do you have to offer that others here don't pray tell?

Sprintman, for every converted believer in so called "oil additives", there is probably 9 skeptics. I have yet to see any oil additives work yet so therefore I am still a skeptic. I believe that regular service intervals is all that is needed to keep a motor working. If you maintain the oil you will get longevity.

Personally I don't want to be a "beta tester". I offered to try the product and risk a $5000 motor plus my time to see if it actually works.

If the product worked as touted he would have a customer for life and a person that knows "alot" of potential leads.

So in essence I stand to gain "0" for about $2.50 worth of product. I was merely trying to be helpful and convert some skeptics including myself.

Hopefully that answers your question and I am done discussing this.

Take care,

Eric
smile.gif

Personally I don't want to be a "beta tester". I offered to try the product and risk a $5000 motor plus my time to see if it actually works.

Eric,

I am a customer of Auto-Rx and used the Auto-Rx on 2-$10,0000 Power Stroke diesel engines, a new 2003 Mazda and a 2000 Mazda with 8K miles. With before and after oil analysis on one of the PSD's, after only analysis on the new PSD. I am not a person that has blind faith in a product, but Auto-Rx does and did what I expected of it. My initial purchase was the 3 bottle special on the site.
My first vehicle to use the Auto-Rx in was an 88 GMC Surburban that had synthetic oil from the first change since new. This vehicle was using oil very heavy. After the Auto-Rx treatments, the internal engine was clean and oil useage was down to almost nil with 0 external leaks. I just followed the instructions from Frank.

I have since sold this vehicle to purchase a new truck, and the new owner has over 16K on the engine since the cleaning. He is extremely happy with the vehicle and engine and no problems.

cheers.gif

I'm with you Vetteman. My Outback was A$45,000+ when new. It sure ain't going to see anything I don't believe has been thoroughly tested by others first. Doing a 2nd clean on it now and appears to feel smoother already. Should be real clean after another 2,500kms. Interesting in that I ran Redline before this clean, and yet the Pennzoil is getting dirty quicker than I expected. I may have to change filter in say 1,000kms.

Terry, JohnBrowning is a pseudonym. I just saw your post today. Sorry it took me so long to get back to this post!! I figured it had died out long ago. I came across it researching something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back