2k2 Civic Si 5000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my oil analysis on my oil back and though that some of you might like to look at the numbers. The oil was changed at the dealership so I am not sure what the exact type of oil it is. I was told by someone that they though it was 10w30 Chevron Supreme.

Oil: I think 10w30 Chevron Supreme
Miles on unit: 10170
Miles on oil: 5072
Filter: Honda Fram

Fe - 8
Cr - 1
Al - 8
Cu - 15
Pb - 4
Tin - 0
Si - 40
Na - 10
K - 5

water - Oxidation - 6.3
Visc@100- - 13.7
Glycol- none
Fuel - Nitration - 4.3
Sae-
Note- High si values, but most likely from source other than dirt.

Driving- 3 miles to work, everyday. 50% highway 80 mph for 350 miles, 4000rpm+ Redline at least once a week.

I am very happy with the number considering the mileage and amount of short trips. Let me know what you think
cheers.gif

[ March 31, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Surprise ]

Thanks for the post surprise!! Any chance you can call the dealer and verify the brand and weight of the oil?? -Joe

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:
Nice numbers.. Why is the oil so thick though? Isn't that almost 40 weight
dunno.gif
?

Actually it's well into the 40wt zone! 40wt is from 12.5 to 16.3.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:
Nice numbers.. Why is the oil so thick though? Isn't that almost 40 weight
dunno.gif
?

Actually it's well into the 40wt zone! 40wt is from 12.5 to 16.3.

The funny thing is that this is a 2002 Honda, as you all know Honda wants a 5w20 in it! Looks like the dealership won't mind me using 5w30 M1
lol.gif

I will call the dealership and see if I can talk to someone that knows what oil it is for sure.

Considering that this is a new engine, 5000 miles when filled, is the Si levels anything to be concerned with? Also since I now have M1 in the car should I do another test at 5k or can I try 7.5k interval?

I'd suggest going back to the dealer to find out what oil and grade they used. If they say 40 wt. or even if they don't admit to it it would apppear that you are O.K. to run a 30 wt.
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
. You might want to take it to the dealer next time and get an oil analysis just after they change to confirm the heavier weight. hmmmm... guess I'm going over the top.
shocked.gif
Good numbers though
smile.gif

I just talked to one of the service reps at the dealership. He told me that they use Chevron oil in the factory recommended weight. So in my case they used 5w-20! Or maybe the installer messed up and used 5w-30 instead
confused.gif

Either way the oil did thicken a lot.

1) Which lab?

2) What does "Sae- < 5" mean, anyone?

3) How can the oil thicken with the oxidation and nitration numbers so low?...lab error?

Ken

quote:

Originally posted by Surprise:
I just talked to one of the service reps at the dealership. He told me that they use Chevron oil in the factory recommended weight. So in my case they used 5w-20! Or maybe the installer messed up and used 5w-30 instead
confused.gif

Either way the oil did thicken a lot.

Thanks for checking, Joe

[ April 01, 2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back