2k miles on oil in 1 year...go longer?

I know you said low miles but it really depends on the usage. You're using a name brand synthetic so I'd say you can go 6 months beyond 1 year "IF" the vehicle has seen full operating temps on a regular basis, i.e., it's not a short-tripper. I've done this several times on personal vehicles running synthetic, without issue. But if it is a short-tripper and does not get everything nice and hot regularly, do not go much further than 1 year. The phrase "pennywise and pound foolish" comes to mind.

I have a vehicle that I put less than 2k miles a year and after doing a few UOAs, the oil was still in excellent shape after 3 years. I could probably go longer but choose to stick to 3 year intervals. My vehicle did get up to operating temps during those times I drove it.

I have a vehicle that only gets a couple hundred miles a year. I change the oil every 2 to 3 years. Even when I have gone out 3 years, the oil still looks brand new coming out. I have debated using it in my daily driver (Cherokee XJ), just to get a some more use out of it.

I know you said low miles but it really depends on the usage. You're using a name brand synthetic so I'd say you can go 6 months beyond 1 year "IF" the vehicle has seen full operating temps on a regular basis, i.e., it's not a short-tripper.

Bingo ... if the car is regularly driven to get the oil to full operating temperature for decent amount of time is the key to extending the oil change if the oil has very low miles on it. I've done it a few times on vehicles that don't get driven a lot, but when they do get driven it's a pretty long drive.

No lol just I have heard oil breaks down ... .
NO its doesn't, its good for YEARS.
The oil WILL break down though thousands of miles of driving, or somewhat earlier if the PCV isnt working well. There is a big dose of special additives in all detergent oil to neutralise acid in the sump.

Don't waste you money and time. Nothing is going on in there.
I am going to put you on a Every other Thanksgiving oil change schedule.
You pick if you want to do it on Odd numbered Year or Even.

-Ken

Back