28's is the new thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and what happens when they need to replace the set? Oh yeah, they compromise your and my safety because they have to gt super cheap or used tires, since they cant afford the replacements... theyre overdrawn paying off the car/truck and the original "upgrades".

JMH

Growing up around a PaPa that was a Porche mechanic he always talked about the better performance of those super low profile tires.. But what he considered state of the art pushing the performance envelope were indeed pretty basic 225/55r16's. Times have chenged, but the performance of those monster wheels must suck.. I am waiting to see the chrome plated Realcare wheel conversion with a 1/8" strip of rubber around the circumference to hit the street.

These new Big Wheel kits are a stupid fad. Goes well with the mentality of youth today with the rent a wheel centers.

Yeah my little Buick with its 215/70/15 size tires are starting to look retro compared to all the gigantic steam roller wheels out there.

Really! some people exaggerate with wheel size. I just like to have wheels big enough to fill any fender/wheel gaps that exist. mine are currently 16" and would love to get some 17" or 18" if I can afford it. anything bigger than that, looks like carp.

I'm not sure what you'd have to pay me to drive or even ride in a car with 20" wheels, or a truck with 22" or bigger wheels, but it would be significant.

20's or even 22's look good on trucks, given the right wheel choice. The new Escalade has 22's available as a factory option and it looks darned good with them. 18" is about the limit of what I consider appropriate for a car. 28's are just silly for any vehicle. I think they must be compensating for certain lacking areas of their manhood with those humongous wheels.

This big wheels/big tires thing is nothing but a silly fad fostered by the manufacturers of vehicles and wheels and by kids who think big tires are macho. For example, I'm on 3 Ford Ranger forums and probably the most asked question is "what's the biggest tire I can put on my Ranger"? Its nauseating. All they care about is size, despite the fact that these large oversize tires are often detrimental in various ways, especially if certain other parts of the vehicle are not either designed or modified to accomodate the oversized tires. And then there's the significant added cost.

I don't think anything bigger than a 16" tire is necessary on any truck, van, SUV, or car. Not too long ago the 15" tire was standard on fullsized pickups and did just fine on the trucks.

some people just have no pride... i agree it would take a large amount of money to ride in a vehicle with 20" + wheels, and i would still not take off the mask.

17's would look nice on my wife's GC, but Sams has a really poor selection of tires in that size.
shocked.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back