25 LED bulbs tested and rated - video

"The Phillips Ultra Definition LED Light Bulbs are the best lightbulbs on the market, and it's not even close. High CRI, low blue spike, low flicker, exceptional dimming and a reasonable cost. These are the bulbs you should be using"

I have an LED flashlight hobby, where CRI is very important. I also have a Solux incandescent bulb for evaluating my inkjet prints, so this test caught my eye.

I think one of the most important and overlooked aspects of LED bulbs is how well they suppress RFI emissions, I gave up on using 100W LEDs in most of my house because I got tired of trying to find ones that wouldn't destroy my VHF TV signals, since I have antennas up in my attic.

There was a company called iWatt that made (among other things) digital LED lighting controllers that they claimed would reduce flicker and provide higher efficiency and reliability. I wasn't sure if it would have been worth it for the cost.

They eventually got bought out by Dialog Semicondfuctor, which is now part of Renasas. Not sure if they still have LED lighting controllers.

Salt River Project Power Company sent me 2 dozen LED bulbs free. Only one has failed after 4 months and I have no issues with the rest.

Bigger fish to fry. I’ve got enough BR30, BR40, and 60 watt incandescents to outlive me. Next.. Get em while you can.

Last edited:
I haven’t watched it yet, but I wonder if these are basically the Philips “Dubai Lamps”? Actual high-quality, long lasting LED bulbs Dubai requested Philips make for them.

I haven’t watched it yet, but I wonder if these are basically the Philips “Dubai Lamps”? Actual high-quality, long lasting LED bulbs Dubai requested Philips make for them.

They are filament based, so I suspect you are correct.

oh i love light bulbs. I already put as many clearance generics everywhere I could at my place and my parents'. i even got some LED grow lights

Back