'24 Toyota GR86 vs '69 Camaro

I respect what you are saying, but I have to go back to my original point. You say, "Pulls identical numbers." What numbers? Horsepower and torque? Those numbers alone don't mean anything to me, but they mean a lot to the average American car buyer.

By the way, I'm glad it's not 1989. That was a sh*tty time for American cars. I mean, sh*ttier than usual. :D

That era wasn’t too bad actually. The streets were filled with 5.0 Mustangs and Grand Nationals and the drag strips started seeing modified versions of them running some great times. Things were definitely on the upswing in that time period.

That era wasn’t too bad actually. The streets were filled with 5.0 Mustangs and Grand Nationals and the drag strips started seeing modified versions of them running some great times. Things were definitely on the upswing in that time period.
Turbo Trans Am GTA also.

Yes! That was the best American car in 1989! It’s too bad they didn’t put the Turbo6 in more TAs.
Here’s a few out takes.

4FFC3AB1-9E5D-46DB-8BB1-4791BAE91036.jpg
4269E15E-F4C6-465A-80B7-9B006C2121CE.jpg
1CC55E4B-3A60-41FE-8823-AE5DE6F51F67.jpg

I drove a new 2015 Camaro SS 1LE and the handling was exceptional. I ran out of cojones before I ran out of grip.

Come on by I'll take you for a good time at the track in either of my over 400 hp 400 ft/lbs of torque cars.

Track racing is for wussies :)

EDIT: When I was a teen and later in my twenties, I had a 401 Naihead buick, then built a 327 V8 Vega, then my Dad bought me a 428 SCJ Fairlane sportsroof for commuting to college - back when something like that used was under 1000 bucks.
I did also have one of those Fiat128sl - it was a fun little car - when the magnetti marelli point set wasn't shorting out in the dist.

funnybumper.jpg
fiat 128 points.jpg

Last edited:
Just for fun, here's a video of what looks like a 69 ZL1 vs a 71 Hemi Cuda. They look stock but are definitely not.

Last edited:
Back