235k mile BMW - different oil or stick with same?

I am in the hospital for a surgery and was up all night on pain killers trying to entertain myself. Pretty sure this popped up in “similar threads” which made me think it was recent

Do this do that do this do that

Its a BMW with 235k.... running 20w50 or 10w40 conventional oils with 1qt/3k consumption with 235k miles????? I don't have a brand preference. So, if you can't find your 20w50 conventional Castrol, use any other!

With what I've seen with so-many 40k-70k mile domestics/asian/euro cars burning a quart every 1k miles, I wouldn't worry about your BMW's consumption.

Stick with what you're doing. Keep the intervals sane. Keep the oil level full.

If it were mine, I would consider a 15w40 HDEO, or the 10w40 20w50 motorcycle oils. I use and recommend synthetic but obviously, you don't need it and proved it.

LL might be overrated especially for those with eternal oil change intervals and 1/2 empty sumps. And, if the interval is shortened, why bother?

I would never consider running the oil more than 7500 miles and I don't care how fancy the oil or full flow filter is... enviro marketing has taken over mechanical common sense.

Back