22 magnum for Pablo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo here is a neat 22 magnum that I put together years ago, it's been one of my favorite guns ever since, and I used it for hunting a lot, bobcats, varmints etc.. Accurate, very light weight etc.. but a bit pricey. Run down of items Almost forgot weight around 5 pounds without sling

10/22 mag with a McMillan Fiberclass stock, a Magnum Research carbon fiber barrel, I got a deal on this BUT it had a compensator on it, and I hate a compensator to start with much less on a 22 mag.. all it done was made a lot of noise, so I removed it, and made a barrel cap out of titanium 6AL-4V, Bolt worked over by Randy at CPC, also trigger as well, I fine tuned this gun, a moderate Weaver 3-9x32 AO Classic Rimfire scope, Ruger rings glass bedded... I have a lot of time, and money in this little rifle, Randy at CPC and I done some talking, trading etc, and he reworked the bolt, and already a match grade trigger, he also tuned the trigger group up for me, I also made the action screw, and the bolt handle which is titanium as well.. I have had a lot of $ offers on it, but so far none that would make me turn loose lol and the stock alone I have had to shudder when I said no to offers on it.

10-22magmcmillan.jpg

Last edited:
As far as I know this is truly a one of a kind, I have not seen another stock like it for a 10/22 magnum, that is what makes it for me is the stock.. Of course this gun has been put together so many way it's not even funny. I have had it in stock form which I still have all the stock parts for it, I have an extra bolt for it as well stock. I at one time had it as a 17 HMR doing some test work when 17 HMR first come out with auto loading rifles etc, the first factory ammo was not so good, and chambers were all over the place as well, and the one I was testing was a match chamber for a bolt gun which does not do well with a autoloader.. short story is it fired out of battery gun powder burns to my face, some brass wounds, but nothing major.. not hurt lucky I was.. but it was my fault testing to begin with, and using a match chamber.. or what was thought to be a match type chamber for HMR.

I'm not sure how many rounds I have put down range in this form, and never one single problem, no jams, no nothing it just works !!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
It it fiberglass that looks like wood?

Yes that's the off name Fiberclass. The finish is something similar to what goes on countertops is the only way I can explain it, and the wood grain would have you think fancy or better

edit to add if this was on normal gun/barrel you would never know it was fiberglass. McMillan makes some outstanding stocks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back