'22 Charger

Just purchased a 2022 Dodge Charger SXT with the 3.6L V6. 45 miles on the ODO. Good power, easy on fuel. Any issues to be aware of in the future? It's the first "muscle car" I've ever owned (I use that term loosely, mind you.) I've heard that the 3.6 is a very good engine. Figure keeping 5-20 in for colder temps, and 5-30 during the Summer. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks!
20220924_175955.jpg

Just purchased a 2022 Dodge Charger SXT with the 3.6L V6. 45 miles on the ODO. Good power, easy on fuel. Any issues to be aware of in the future? It's the first "muscle car" I've ever owned (I use that term loosely, mind you.) I've heard that the 3.6 is a very good engine. Figure keeping 5-20 in for colder temps, and 5-30 during the Summer. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks!View attachment 118606
Get's pretty cold up there so I would run 0w-20 then 5w-20. .02

Isn't or wasn't? The biggest issue police department's had with those front end problems and not being able to hold an alignment? I'm guessing it's been improved by now
?

@ Puckrobber, Congrats on your new purchase. Below is a link that provides some details about the 3.6 V6 engine. Like most modern engines, this engine should give you years of great service. The key is properly maintaining it with regular and reasonable length of mileage between oil changes, and by changing all of the filters on a regular basis. Since you are here on BITOG, I am guessing you already do that anyway. Good Luck, and enjoy your new investment.

@ Puckrobber, Congrats on your new purchase. Below is a link that provides some details about the 3.6 V6 engine. Like most modern engines, this engine should give you years of great service. The key is properly maintaining it with regular and reasonable length of mileage between oil changes, and by changing all of the filters on a regular basis. Since you are here on BITOG, I am guessing you already do that anyway. Good Luck, and enjoy your new investment.

Thanks, Wrench! I'll give it a read.

Just purchased a 2022 Dodge Charger SXT with the 3.6L V6. 45 miles on the ODO. Good power, easy on fuel. Any issues to be aware of in the future? It's the first "muscle car" I've ever owned (I use that term loosely, mind you.) I've heard that the 3.6 is a very good engine. Figure keeping 5-20 in for colder temps, and 5-30 during the Summer. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks!View attachment 118606
If I was looking for a sedan that is exactly what I would buy. Much nicer then the Accord and all the other vehicles out there. Had a rental Charger exactly like that last year and loved it.

My friend Javier has that engine in his '19 truck. I always use PP 0W20 when I change the oil for him and an oem Mopar oil filter (it's what the dealership he bought it from uses, so I figure it's a good choice). That's a seriously smooth and powerful engine!

Last edited:
The 3.6 is a third gen and I believe the 850re is just a 3rd gen of the 8hp. Doesn't seem bad at all. What mpg are you getting.

The 3.6 is a third gen and I believe the 850re is just a 3rd gen of the 8hp. Doesn't seem bad at all. What mpg are you getting.
Not sure of the true mileage yet. Dealer gave me a full gas tank, but, didn't reset the odometer for the MPG average. Guessing it's at least 30 or so.

Sounds about right my brother had a 2015 charger first year of your model. He would routinely average 31 plus on highway trips. I really liked that car too surprisingly fun to drive.

Sounds about right my brother had a 2015 charger first year of your model. He would routinely average 31 plus on highway trips. I really liked that car too surprisingly fun to drive.
So far, I've put around 400 miles on it. It has been fun to drive. Hit the throttle, and it goes. Kinda sad to know that it might be the last of its kind, if Dodge does end the gas version next year. 🙁

I'm glad you got the 3.6L! Plenty of power and easier to maintain. Plus.. I Love the stock wheels and look. So many of these get ratted-out with bad graphics and chrome boat-weight wheels....bad tint jobs and of course.. the obligatory clouds of vape smoke that mist the windows when your behind them at the stop light.

It's nice to see a clean example for a change.

I'm glad you got the 3.6L! Plenty of power and easier to maintain. Plus.. I Love the stock wheels and look. So many of these get ratted-out with bad graphics and chrome boat-weight wheels....bad tint jobs and of course.. the obligatory clouds of vape smoke that mist the windows when your behind them at the stop light.

It's nice to see a clean example for a change.
Yeah, I absolutely love the look! Usually, when I get a new ride, I look for ways to upgrade the engine, exhaust, etc. Other than maybe some cooler sounding mufflers, there's nothing that needs upgrading on it.

There is simply something classy about a RWD sedan in unmodified form. I enjoy the RWD lexus we own for the same reason. I think the only mod I’ve done is a pair of KCHilites Fogs, low/center mounted, wired into the stock fog circuit. It looks unassuming, blends into the crowd, and has both power and handling should I want it. I suspect your charger will be a better highway car with the longer wheelbase and I’m assuming a better ride. The 3.6 is a good engine, and I‘m not aware of an transmission issues in their RWD platforms (the last I had was the WA580 in a Jeep GC and it was probably the best longitudinal AT I’ve owned).

What tires did it come stock with?

Back