21 things your burglar won't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was working in the court system I told our central dispatch that if I reported an attempted break-in at my home that they should also send the coroner if their response time was going to be under 20 seconds.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12

Here's my 4 year-old. She's 90# and has a ferocious bark. She's actually friendly, though when I get the door for the UPS man, etc.

she is beautiful, My cousin had a male that was 115 and a terror if anyone came near the house or garage but othewise he was friendly with all and loved kids.

Last edited:
I had continual trouble. A good fence topped with 3 rows of barbed wire works wonders. It won't keep the determined out, but it will significantly reduce the speed at which they depart....AND limit the direction they run. My bad neighbors eventually decided it was too much trouble.

Where I come from, the people who will burgle your house will have a dog at home, and it will far more savage and badly trained than your dog. They know how to handle dogs...and your dog might be usefull for dog fight training.

I never forget a mate of mine telling me - ''If they can get past the dog (German shepard)then they can have the bike.'' He woke up to hear his bike riding down the road.

Originally Posted By: Silk
Where I come from, the people who will burgle your house will have a dog at home, and it will far more savage and badly trained than your dog. They know how to handle dogs...and your dog might be usefull for dog fight training.

So true and sad as well...

nice thing is you don't need mean dogs. I came home about 0800a (about 25 years ago) saw inner city type (we lived in ghetto) explaining to my white 80 year 4'5" grandmother he was looking for a friend that supposedly lived there...with my grandmother. 5 very friendly dogs, waiting at door, just staring. no snarling, no barking, no lunging, just quiet staring. Just as I arrived he turned around and decided to leave. Dog maintenance worth every hassle to avoid broken hip to granny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back