2024 Toyota Tacoma - model choices

My brother is looking for a 2024 Tacoma Xtra Cab - aka Access Cab (AC) 4X4

Wait what no 4x4 AC? Not in Sport? TRD? AC? Huh? No?

You tell me what models are 4x4 AC

Last edited by a moderator:
Its Xtra now, not Access. :LOL:

1706879995813.jpg

So stupid. What difference does it make! Hahahahhaha

Only the SR model. Right?

Was able to configure an XTRAcab SR5 4x4, and a TRD Prerunner (not a 4x4 obviously)
The photo doesnt match though.

1706892909593.jpg

So more in the rumor mill than anything.

Why no 4x4 SPORT anymore in any cab/bed? NO one seems to know, some were surprised by that.

There is some noise about by the end of March into April more models will flow.

I had a 1985 regular cab!
Those were good trucks.

I'm not an expert, but somewhere around that time a turbo engine was available. Might have been only in the XtraCab. I remember seeing one or two back when they were newer. What's old is new again.

Looks like only access cabs (Xtra Cab as Toyota calls it) can be configured in SR and SR5 trims with 4WD. Of course there's no more rear opening "doors" on the 4th gens. The majority of the public wants four full doors so that's what they cater to.

So more in the rumor mill than anything.

Why no 4x4 SPORT anymore in any cab/bed? NO one seems to know, some were surprised by that.

There is some noise about by the end of March into April more models will flow.

The 4th gen will have a Sport 4WD version, just only in 4 doors.

Gonna hold on to my 3rd gen for a while. It's one of the last V6 6 speed manual trucks. (Yes, they still offer a 6MT) Similar optioned truck is approaching over $50K in the 4th gen. That's gonna be a big nope from me.

Looks like only access cabs (Xtra Cab as Toyota calls it) can be configured in SR and SR5 trims with 4WD. Of course there's no more rear opening "doors" on the 4th gens. The majority of the public wants four full doors so that's what they cater to.

The 4th gen will have a Sport 4WD version, just only in 4 doors.
Ah that makes sense.

I see that now. The site is just goofy the way it dead ends the user

Different path:

I'll be interested to hear what he thinks of the drivetrain, since apparently it will be shared with the 6th Gen 4Runner.

Back